|04-02-2003, 01:28 AM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Vancouver, BC, CanadaVehicle:
1998 BD Legacy GT
Rally Event: Heart of Darkness TSD
Specialty Subaru ~ Presents
Heart of Darkness Rally
April 26-27, 2003 -- Hope to Merritt by moonlight (overnight)
Round 2 of the 2003 Yokohama Tire BC Rally Championship
Hosted by the West Coast Rally Associaton
The Heart of Darkness is an ALL NIGHT Time-Speed-Distance Road Rally, part of the 2003 Yokohama Tire BC Rally Championship. The rally follows the current BC Rally Regulations, which are posted here and are available from the BC Rally Director, Paul Westwick <paul at rallybc.com> by calling (604) 682-3296. The rally runs on straight-forward instructions, and will be approximately 600 km in length with roads about 70% gravel and 30% paved. Maximum distance between gas stops is 250 km.
The rally will be divided into a number of legs, each leg ending with a gas stop. Each leg is divided into Transit stages and Regularity stages. Transit stages give a target time that is adequate for completing the stage well within speed limits. Your time will not be recorded in these stages. Regularity stages list specific average speeds, which are below the posted speed limits, and which you attempt to maintain in each part of the stage. Your timing in these stages determines your score. Timing controls will be in regularity stages only, and will not be placed near stop signs or busy intersections.
Trophies will be awarded for overall position and according to the classes laid out in the 2003 Yokohama Tire BC TSD Rally Championship:
- Paper: No calculators, rally tables or accessory odometers.
- Calculator: Accessory odometers, non-programmable calculating devices that are not driven by a wheel.
- Unlimited: Unlimited equipment.
- Novice: neither team member having entered more than 3 TSD rallies prior to the start of the competition year and navigation equipment to conform to calculator class.
- Historic: Vehicles manufactured prior to December 31, 1974 as per the date stated on the vehicle registration. Navigation equipment must conform to Calculator class.
- Historic Equipped: Vehicles manufactured prior to December 31, 1974 as per the date stated on the vehicle registration. Navigation equipment is unlimited. Historic Equipped entries will be scored in the BC championship as unlimited.
- one self-supporting reflective warning triangle (min 30cm per side)
- one 5 BC fire extinguisher
- a basic first aid kit
- open cars require a roll bar
Note: If auxiliary driving lights are mounted, it must be possible to turn them off with one switch, leaving only the standard low beams operating.
- map light
- driving lights (strongly recommended)
- clipboard and pen
Officials of the Event
Rally Master: Adrienne Lang (250) 413-7118, <admarie at shaw.ca>
Co-Organizer: Robert Bassett (604) 535-6869, <falacy at shaw.ca>
Registrar: Shelley Wiedemann (604) 533-9656, <shelley at rallybc.com>
6129 Greenside Dr. West, Surrey, BC V3S 5M8 fax (604) 533-9647
Steward: Paul Westwick (604) 617-4132, <paul at rallybc.com>
Wednesday April 16th, 2003 (midnight)
- Close of early entries. Preliminary start order assigned.
Saturday April 26:
5:00pm Novice Drivers' Meeting
6:00pm Late Registration & Technical Inspection opens
8:00pm Registration closes & Technical Inspection closes
8:30pm Drivers' Meeting
9:01pm First car out
Sunday April 27:
7:00am ETA Finish at Niki's Restaurant in Merritt
- Provisional scores will be posted as soon as they become available
- Awards presentation (start making up your stories)
Supplementary Regulations & Entry Form
For the complete set of Supplementary Regulations and an Entry Form click here
Directions to the Start Location
888 Fraser Ave, Hope, B.C. (604) 869-7448
-> From Vancouver:
- Take Hwy# 1 East to exit #170 (Hope City Centre),
- Bear left at first traffic light,
- Go straight through the 2nd set of lights, and
- Turn Right at Hudson Bay Street and Rolly's will be on the left.
At the finish there will be a buffet breakfast available for $7.99+tax
Competitors from out of the area, or those looking for somewhere to rest up after the event, are responsible for their own accommodation.
Merritt (Sunday Finish):
Best Western Nicola Inn
4025 Walters St. at Voght St. Merritt, BC
ph: 1-800-663-2830, ph: 250-378-4253
Double occupancy: $65 + taxes, just mention the Heart of Darkness Rally.
Note: They would appreciate reservations so they can have the rooms available early. You can check in when you get there Sunday morning and don't have to check out until Monday morning.
West Coast Rally Association
BC Highways Road Reports (click on "Southern Routes Hwy 1, 3, 5, 97C" and "Lower Mainland") http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/bchighways/r...oadreports.htm
Environment Canada Weather Reports (select Hope and Merritt)
Special thanks to the following supporters of rallying in BC
Specialty Subaru -- http://www.specialtysubaru.com
Yokohama Tire (Canada) -- http://www.yokohamatire.ca
Driver's Edge Autosport -- http://www.ompwins.com
Western Driver -- http://www.westerndriver.com
Total Autosport -- http://www.totalautosport.com
Rocket Rally Racing -- http://www.rocketrally.com
Wilkinson's Automobilia -- http://www.eAutomobilia.com
Disclaimer: In the event of any discrepancies between this notice and the official Supplementary Regulations, the latter shall prevail.
West Coast Rally Association
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Last edited by Bill Westhead; 04-02-2003 at 11:20 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Heart of Darkness question . . .||banman||Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC||12||04-30-2005 02:52 AM|
|Rally In the Dark TSD Feb. 26 Philly SCCA||bigjon||Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC||0||01-23-2005 06:35 AM|
|Heart of Darkness?||T-REX||Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC||10||04-16-2002 12:21 AM|
|WCRA - Heart of Darkness||Petrie||Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC||7||03-19-2002 04:03 PM|
|Heart of Darkness Rally Impreza Assault||Bill Westhead||Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC||2||04-18-2001 12:35 PM|