Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Baja Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-02-2003, 04:52 PM   #1
jeffm
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34478
Vehicle:
2003 Baja
yellow!

Default Got a new Baja Sport

And it's a lot of fun so far, I've never had a new car so I think it's pretty far out. I got the auto Sport with the "no passing zone" yellow, which I love.
On it's first real day out I hauled home a stove in it's "useless" bed, no problems at all.
I was worried about performance, but it's not too bad; I can do 85 mph without even getting to the 4k rpm breakin limit. And I still have power to pass and dodge highway idiots. Besides, a vehicle with worthwhile performance is a motorcycle anyway. If I want acceleration I'll drive my Kawasaki. The automatic trans does seem to shift around a bit but that's what autos do.

Likes: Cargo tie-downs are on bottom of bed where they belong. Layout of start-run-acc on ignition. Tight dash. Controls close and easy to operate. My hill giant roomate can fit comfortably in the front seat (I just open the moonroof cover so he doesn't hit his head :) ABS saved me from creaming a cellphone driver on it's second drive. Factory upgraded audio is pretty nice (I didn't want it, but it was part of the package). Pretty much everything, I suppose.

Only gripes: hm, not many. I think daytime running lights mess up one's ability to signal truckers, but I hear DRL can be disabled. The cupholders are silly, but I don't drink and drive anyway. I get messed up under the steering wheel while getting in. Front seats sometimes have to be messed with to fold down rear seats.

Dream mods: I want to add a Viper XV890 to it for remote start and lower insurance, however I'm afraid this is something to leave to the audio pro's. I also dream of painting the cladding something not-silver, and maybe messing with the interior. Is there a Chilton's out for this beastie yet?

All told, I like it... a lot!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 08:17 PM   #2
BajaMark
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34622
Vehicle:
2003 Baja
Regatta Red Pearl

Congrats on the new ride, Jeff! I've had my Baja since Saturday and agree with your comments. Tonight was the first drive home in Washington, DC rush our mode and it was stil fun to drive. this weekend......mulch!!!

I'm waiting for my bed cover and upgraded speakers to come in - the car already had the tweeter kit so I figured I add the better speakers but not the sub woofer.

Let me know if you find any aftermarket "goodies" for the Baja. I've surfed the net a bit but haven't found much of anything other than Subaru parts.

Mark
BajaMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 08:23 PM   #3
noelleon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 33764
Vehicle:
'03 baja
baja yellow

there is some stuff, but not much.
the main thing is a lift kit you can get from an australian company called Scorpion Automotive:

http://www.isrperformance.com/baja.htm

and some different types of tonneau covers.

there are some superchargers and turbos floating around in development...anyone have one now on a baja?
noelleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 03:18 PM   #4
ellens2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34538
Vehicle:
03 Baja
Silver

Congrats on your new Baja's. I've had mine since Feb and still love it. I get lots of comments on it but still haven't seen too many on the road.
ellens2 is offline   Reply With Quote