Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Tri-State Area Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > Tri-State Area Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2003, 09:52 AM   #76
WRBLUEWAGON
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10745
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Palm Coast FL via NJ
Vehicle:
2006 VW SUV

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by protouring72
I thought it was a BMTranny when you first started this thing, now it's at Pruven? Let me decide, and see how far it actually is.
john
,

John it's about 40min from my house
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WRBLUEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 09:52 AM   #77
WRBLUEWAGON
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10745
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Palm Coast FL via NJ
Vehicle:
2006 VW SUV

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by protouring72
I thought it was a BMTranny when you first started this thing, now it's at Pruven? Let me decide, and see how far it actually is.
john
,

John it's about 40min from my house
WRBLUEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 11:26 AM   #78
protouring72
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 13190
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: 294whp
Vehicle:
02 Vishnu Stage 2

Default

double post nOOb!
yeah, count me back in!
protouring72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 11:30 AM   #79
WRBLUEWAGON
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10745
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Palm Coast FL via NJ
Vehicle:
2006 VW SUV

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by protouring72
double post nOOb!
yeah, count me back in!
,

Oh your acting like a girl, Back a forth. **** tease...

I not allowing you to back out, you know.

(hey that's why I left your space open)

Eric
WRBLUEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 12:23 PM   #80
turboICE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 33979
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: N.NJ
Vehicle:
2006 STi,'11 OBS
WRB & Black/Silver

Default

I posted some questions on the thread and in a PM, if there is any response to these I am likely very interested in this tuning session.
turboICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 12:37 PM   #81
WRBLUEWAGON
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10745
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Palm Coast FL via NJ
Vehicle:
2006 VW SUV

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jehcpa
I posted some questions on the thread and in a PM, if there is any response to these I am likely very interested in this tuning session.
,

I'm sorry, Dealing with a lot of emails, PM's and this thread.

Can you repost the quetions??

Eric
WRBLUEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:39 PM   #82
doogie2756
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 26277
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: ORANGE COUNTY,N.Y.
Vehicle:
2012 Nissan Pro-4X
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jehcpa
That sounds like such a strange request.

But I assume you mean an M18/1.5 bung behind the turbo and in front of the cat for a WBO2. It just so happens one is being installed in my catless downpipe 9" from the turbo as of my dropping off today. Am I on the mark?
well sort of,i know its in the behind somwhere but i cant really see it to well.BUT i will double check and get back on this
doogie2756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:46 PM   #83
turboICE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 33979
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: N.NJ
Vehicle:
2006 STi,'11 OBS
WRB & Black/Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by WRBLUEWAGON
I'm sorry, Dealing with a lot of emails, PM's and this thread.

Can you repost the quetions??

Eric
No problem - we appreciate your efforts in arranging this.

I would really like to have an Xede with tuning software installed and tuned on the Saturday. I just don't know if I will have my exhaust installed by the time of this.

The best I could do is put me in slot 10 as tenative and I will confirm with certainty when #9 is in and if there is no conflict. My conflicting times will be any weekend before May 18, the last weekend in June and July 4.

My mods at that time will be:

2" catless uppipe (Hayward & Scott)
Bellmouth catless downpipe (H&S)
2 1/2" catback (H&S dual tip)
(stock third cat intact)
Removed silencer - (I know Shiv discourages this hopefully he would tune it anyway - the down pipe will have a bung available for use by a WBO2)

If all goes well I will also have a larger TMIC (probably Vishnu) and hoses.

If things go really well I will have aquamist water injection.

Your call sorry I can't be more certain at this time. I would like to be more certain and don't want to miss out but I just don't know yet.

Ed.
turboICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 04:13 PM   #84
WRBLUEWAGON
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10745
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Palm Coast FL via NJ
Vehicle:
2006 VW SUV

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jehcpa


No problem - we appreciate your efforts in arranging this.

I would really like to have an Xede with tuning software installed and tuned on the Saturday. I just don't know if I will have my exhaust installed by the time of this.

The best I could do is put me in slot 10 as tenative and I will confirm with certainty when #9 is in and if there is no conflict. My conflicting times will be any weekend before May 18, the last weekend in June and July 4.

My mods at that time will be:

2" catless uppipe (Hayward & Scott)
Bellmouth catless downpipe (H&S)
2 1/2" catback (H&S dual tip)
(stock third cat intact)
Removed silencer - (I know Shiv discourages this hopefully he would tune it anyway - the down pipe will have a bung available for use by a WBO2)

If all goes well I will also have a larger TMIC (probably Vishnu) and hoses.

If things go really well I will have aquamist water injection.

Your call sorry I can't be more certain at this time. I would like to be more certain and don't want to miss out but I just don't know yet.

Ed.
,

Ed,

You make the call on that. If you feel that you can commit to the dyno day then do so. And I can promise you there will be another if you don't make this one in the near future.

Eric
WRBLUEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 04:14 PM   #85
WRBLUEWAGON
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10745
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Palm Coast FL via NJ
Vehicle:
2006 VW SUV

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by WRBLUEWAGON
,

Ed,

You make the call on that. If you feel that you can commit to the dyno day then do so. And I can promise you there will be another if you don't make this one in the near future. Sometimes timing is just not right.

Eric
WRBLUEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 04:19 PM   #86
Fat Ugly Soccer Mom
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 14703
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
Vehicle:
1987 Minivan
Doo-doo Brown

Default

Will Shiv not want to tune my car if I have the airbox silencer mod done? Should I go to the trouble of putting it back in or does it not really matter? I just did it to hear the bov a little better; wasn't expecting any power gain from it. Also, if we want the Deltadash ecutek deal that has just become available, what do we do? Order a delta dash from Shiv beforehand?

Thanks again Eric for putting this all together.
Fat Ugly Soccer Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 04:38 PM   #87
WRBLUEWAGON
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10745
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Palm Coast FL via NJ
Vehicle:
2006 VW SUV

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat Ugly Soccer Mom
Will Shiv not want to tune my car if I have the airbox silencer mod done? Should I go to the trouble of putting it back in or does it not really matter? I just did it to hear the bov a little better; wasn't expecting any power gain from it. Also, if we want the Deltadash ecutek deal that has just become available, what do we do? Order a delta dash from Shiv beforehand?

Thanks again Eric for putting this all together.
,

Air Box thing is not a problem. He can tune what ever you need.

Eric
WRBLUEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 06:53 PM   #88
SimonD
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 33937
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Framingham, MA
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat Ugly Soccer Mom
Will Shiv not want to tune my car if I have the airbox silencer mod done? Should I go to the trouble of putting it back in or does it not really matter? I just did it to hear the bov a little better; wasn't expecting any power gain from it. Also, if we want the Deltadash ecutek deal that has just become available, what do we do? Order a delta dash from Shiv beforehand?

Thanks again Eric for putting this all together.
If you're going to play around with DeltaDash anyway, it's worth a buy just for the fact that you can retrieve sensor readings from the ECU at much higher rates than using a typical OBDII scan tool. The Road Dyno functionality is kinda fun to use too.
SimonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 09:48 AM   #89
WRBLUEWAGON
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10745
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Palm Coast FL via NJ
Vehicle:
2006 VW SUV

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SimonD


If you're going to play around with DeltaDash anyway, it's worth a buy just for the fact that you can retrieve sensor readings from the ECU at much higher rates than using a typical OBDII scan tool. The Road Dyno functionality is kinda fun to use too.
,

I agree it's very neat..
WRBLUEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 11:17 AM   #90
virpacalis
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 19214
Join Date: May 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: near Philly
Vehicle:
'07 STI
in the slow lane

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by WRBLUEWAGON
.

I will find out for you. I don't know the answer.
Any word yet on tuning the Ecutek for two maps? I'd love to easily switch between commuter and competition maps.
virpacalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 11:31 AM   #91
WRBLUEWAGON
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10745
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Palm Coast FL via NJ
Vehicle:
2006 VW SUV

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by virpacalis


Any word yet on tuning the Ecutek for two maps? I'd love to easily switch between commuter and competition maps.
,

Well John spoke with Shiv and the TWO map thing is possiable. I have to ask if he will be doing that thow. Because I think one is for like a valia and the other is reg.

Eric
WRBLUEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 11:46 AM   #92
Fat Ugly Soccer Mom
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 14703
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
Vehicle:
1987 Minivan
Doo-doo Brown

Default

If he's willing to do the two map thing I want it as well. Having a conservative map and a Viper-raping map would be quite useful and practical.
Fat Ugly Soccer Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 11:52 AM   #93
WRBLUEWAGON
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10745
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Palm Coast FL via NJ
Vehicle:
2006 VW SUV

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat Ugly Soccer Mom
If he's willing to do the two map thing I want it as well. Having a conservative map and a Viper-raping map would be quite useful and practical.
,

Well we will see. John already has a custom tuned map and Shiv might be doing him a race fuel map. But for everyone else it's just the fast map and Valia.

Eric
WRBLUEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 12:22 PM   #94
virpacalis
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 19214
Join Date: May 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: near Philly
Vehicle:
'07 STI
in the slow lane

Question Shiv's Ecutek

How conservative is the valet mode and how is it engaged/disengaged?
virpacalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 12:53 PM   #95
WRBLUEWAGON
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10745
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Palm Coast FL via NJ
Vehicle:
2006 VW SUV

Default Re: Shiv's Ecutek

Quote:
Originally posted by virpacalis
How conservative is the valet mode and how is it engaged/disengaged?
,

I don't know?? I have to ask next time I speak with Shiv.
WRBLUEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 01:00 PM   #96
savka
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 12737
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Bean-Town
Vehicle:
MY02 wagon 325/300
MBP

Default Re: Shiv's Ecutek

Quote:
Originally posted by virpacalis
How is the valet mode engaged/disengaged?
1. Key in the ignition with the engine either on or off
2. depress the throttle fully to the floor
3. hit the rear defroster button

from what I have read thats how you switch the maps.
sav
savka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 01:04 PM   #97
doogie2756
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 26277
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: ORANGE COUNTY,N.Y.
Vehicle:
2012 Nissan Pro-4X
Silver

Default Re: Re: Shiv's Ecutek

Quote:
Originally posted by WRBLUEWAGON
,

I don't know?? I have to ask next time I speak with Shiv.
hey eric i thought i read somewhere that to do this you turn the key to the on posistion then floor the gas pedal (engine not running of course) and press the defogger switch to switch between the two.dont know if this helps,let us know after you check this out,i am also wondering about this.
doogie2756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 01:10 PM   #98
WRBLUEWAGON
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10745
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Palm Coast FL via NJ
Vehicle:
2006 VW SUV

Default Re: Re: Re: Shiv's Ecutek

Quote:
Originally posted by doogie2756
hey eric i thought i read somewhere that to do this you turn the key to the on posistion then floor the gas pedal (engine not running of course) and press the defogger switch to switch between the two.dont know if this helps,let us know after you check this out,i am also wondering about this.
,

Oh I know that. I don't how much boost he runs in valia.

Eric
WRBLUEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 02:36 PM   #99
doogie2756
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 26277
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: ORANGE COUNTY,N.Y.
Vehicle:
2012 Nissan Pro-4X
Silver

Default

ok let us know after you talk to shiv.any luck with the parts that we need (guage)?
doogie2756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 08:31 PM   #100
protouring72
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 13190
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: 294whp
Vehicle:
02 Vishnu Stage 2

Default

yup! I'm looking to do a high boost/race fuel map, or as Fat Ugly Soccer Mom put it, a Viper-raping map. I'm probably going to run some C-16 mixed with the 94 i run already. Should easily crack 300whp. We'll see though! I got 294 on pump gas, with it still being conservatively rich. Cant wait to set the date!
John
protouring72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions for PDX Tuning Dyno Day Geoff Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 69 04-06-2006 05:56 PM
East Coast Vishnu custom tuning Dyno Days are back. WRBLUEWAGON Tri-State Area Vendor Classifieds 173 10-17-2004 01:39 PM
Vishnu Tuning Dyno Days for Tri-state (Ecuteck/Exed Tuning Only) virpacalis Engine Management & Tuning 4 06-02-2003 12:38 PM
Vishnu Performance Dyno Day? 31st? Diranged Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC 71 09-02-2002 12:45 PM
Sign up for Special Cobb Tuning Dyno Day, March 24 (During State Meet) Bankheist Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 40 03-20-2002 09:30 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.