Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-16-2003, 02:22 AM   #1
smew
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 22524
Default Vishnu Stage 2

I recently had my Vishnu Stage 2 installed on my WRX. I drove to IDRacing in Texas, and dropped the car off. They overnighted my ECU to Vishnu and started to work on the car. I know this isn't really supposed to be a review of IDRacing, but they did a great job.

My drive back to Tulsa served as my "break-in period" because i had my rents in the car, and i didn't want to give them a heart attack. I could pick up on the exhaust sounds, tho. They were great! No more mild stock exhaust, my WRX now sounds like it means business! theres a little bit of popping inbetween shifts, and it sounds good idling.

Once I got back to Tulsa, i washed the car and took it out. Throttle responce was greatly improved, and the car felt just great! It was like a whole new car. Boost starts coming on in the three grand range, and puts you back in your seat at four grand. After four, hang on, cause the ride doesn't stop until the 7,500 raised rev limiter! The feeling of the IHI VF 30 coming online is great!

Off boost, the car was also greatly improved. I remember several occasions when I had close calls due to the lacking low end. The car feels like it has more low-end grunt now.

On the highway, my WRX felt weak and docile in high gear before getting the stage two. Now, fouth gear pulls much stronger, and even the tall fifth gear is much improved. I constantly find myself having to back off the gas in fifth gear because i don't even notice that i'm going 80 mph with ease.

My boost is mapped to max out around 16. I am perfectly happy about this because other then what came with the stage two, my car is completely stock. My ECU was tuned with a safety margin that i appreciate.

On the Dyno at FIS in Lewisville, I pulled a 280.6 horse power and 236.5 torque. The curve looks great, and best of all, it uses the factory ECU which makes the car much safer and easier to tune. There are no piggy-back chips that fight the ECU.

On the 1/4 track at Tulsa International Speedway, I easily pulled a 13.70 @ 101 mph. This was with a horrible launch that was designed to be easy on my stock clutch. My 60 foot time was 2.2, if that gives you any indication of how bad my launch was.

Around town, the car is very streetable. There are no problems going light to light, or in traffic. Power is still available at low levels, and the car is always willing to do what i want it to.

Over all, the parts used in the kit are of great quality. The pully looks well machined, and fits with the other pullys in its black color. The IHI VF 30 is a great replacement turbo for people looking for more power but also looking to mantain the cars daily-drivability. The exhaust is well suited to the car, the downpipe with its divorced wastegate and cat is a very nice looking piece. The rest of the piping also looks great, and the Magna Flo muffler looks made for the car hanging off the bumper. The muffler tip is not so big that it looks "ricey," not that anyone will think rice when they hear the exhaust. The re-flash is a great way to handle engine management, and maintains the stock safetly features. The Walbro 255 fuel pump does a great job feeding the STi injectors.

All around, this is a great package, and i highly recommend it. pics of my car, the dyno chart, and the time slip can be found at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/leftymail...c=ph%26.view=t

Now i just have to wait until Vishnu releases its FMIC!

~Michael
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
smew is offline   Reply With Quote