Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-30-2003, 09:36 PM   #1
wrxin'
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 15207
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 STI
Crystal Grey Metallic

Default loosing boost any idea or is it normal

Well i just installed a header up-pipe downpipe and apexi gt cat back. i found a leak where the uppipe meets the header i corrected that tonight but im getting max boost .11 mpa until about 5800 rpm's then it drops off to about .07mpa by 6500 rpm's i also have a Turbo XS MBC. i never lost boost like this with the factory exhaust. it would hit .11 mpa and hold it all the way to 7k rpm.

Any idea's what might be my problem, i cannot hear any leaks at this point or is it the stock turbo just cannot hold boost with a catless exhaust??

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Kris

P.S. although it doesnt hold boost like before it still feels soooo much faster then before
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by wrxin'; 05-01-2003 at 04:42 PM.
wrxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 09:34 AM   #2
wrxin'
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 STI
Crystal Grey Metallic

Well last night i couldnt hear any leaks, but this morning going to work i hear a leak as i was getting into boost.....makeing a ticking noise almost and gets louder under more boost.......Is this the uppipe leak many talk about???
Old 05-01-2003, 12:55 PM   #3
mbiker97
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7922
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
04 CTS-V b/b/b
99 GMC Highrider

The stock turbo cannot hold that much boost for that long. It's normal.
mbiker97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 01:24 PM   #4
SlvWgnCO
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34686
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Silver

My uppipe leak sounded high pitched. When the pipes are cool, spray some soapy water on any suspected leak points. Big bubbles = leak.
SlvWgnCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 06:50 PM   #5
wrxin'
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 STI
Crystal Grey Metallic

Default okay, found the leak

Well i found the leak. its in the same place as before........where the up pipe meets the manifold. this is the second time ive had the leak here. anyone have any tips on installing this part of the job........i seem to be having trouble here.......the turbo part of the up pipe and downpipe are leak free.

thanks in advance

Kris