Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-20-2003, 12:45 PM   #1
zzzzzzzz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 9843
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default Rota Slipstreams?

Does anyone here have a set of Rota Slipstreams on their Legacy? I'm looking to pick up a 16"x7" set in either flat black or steel grey and wanted some opinions on them.

Thanks in advance.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
zzzzzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 12:55 PM   #2
tora
Scooby Guru

Member#: 5851
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
09 Forester XT
+ NA Miata

I wanted to get a set, but they don't fit over 4-pots.
I think they would look pretty good as a race wheel set-up.
tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 01:00 PM   #3
zzzzzzzz
Scooby Newbie

tora

Really? Did you investigate the wheel offset? I think the ones I am looking at are 48+ and I don't even know what our stockies are.
Old 05-20-2003, 02:08 PM   #4
tora
Scooby Guru

Member#: 5851
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
09 Forester XT
+ NA Miata

Our stocks are a 53mm offset (I think). But, I'm using '00RS wheels because the stock Legacy wheels do not fit over Sti 4-pots. If you don't have 4-pots the slipstreams will fit fine and you will definitely NOT have any rubbing issues. I've had a 45ET on my car for a short time and was not close to rubbing. I was really disappointed to find out they don't fit four pots (the slipstreams) because it was an ideal choice for a race wheel. I'd like to test fit a set with some 3mm spacers and see if that gives enough room for the brakes. Otherwise I'll just by another set of older RS rims. Tough, light and look pretty good.
tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 10:10 PM   #5
iON Performance Inc
Vendor

Member#: 7673

tora - the stock offset for our cars are +55mm on the 16x6.5" wheel. The 16x7" wheels run a +53mm offset.

The Slipstreams are not very likely to fit due to the profile of the FHI 4pot caliper. It's where the spokes meet the "rim" part of the wheel on the inside that's lacking clearance.

Lots of the Civic's & Integras running a Spoon BBK upgrade can use this b/c of the slim profile of the 4pot that's used.

zzzzzzzz - they will clear the 277mm 2pot brake set-up just barely. So if you don't plan on using the FHI 4pot set-up then you'll be able to use these wheels.

Great to mount some 225/50/16 Azenis RS' on them

We're waiting for a set to arrive here to confirm fitment with our AP BBK
iON Performance Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 03:04 PM   #6
zzzzzzzz
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by iON Performance Inc
zzzzzzzz - they will clear the 277mm 2pot brake set-up just barely. So if you don't plan on using the FHI 4pot set-up then you'll be able to use these wheels.

We're waiting for a set to arrive here to confirm fitment with our AP BBK [/b]
I probably won't be installing any 4pots on this car. It's just that right now I only have winter tires and need to remove them soon. But that'll be awesome if you can upload pics of the Slipstreams installed. I may end up cutting you to the chase as I have a couple of pretty good local sources for these rims. Oh, would stock WRX tires fit on these okay? I have a set now and was planning to use them, even if they are an "o-kay" tire.
Old 05-22-2003, 03:19 PM   #7
AnimalMother
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 11835
Vehicle:
2004 Honda Pilot
Dark Blue

Quote:
Originally posted by iON Performance Inc
Is this size available? Did I miss something?

Thanks!

AnimalMother
AnimalMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 05:46 PM   #8
zzzzzzzz
Scooby Newbie

Just ordered a set you guys. Apparantly, Rota has 3 sets of the silver grey in stock, in which one of them is now mine! Just FYI, they are 48mm, 16", 5x100. Should be about a week till I get them. Once I do have them on, I'll shoot some pics for everyone.

Oh, the evils of waiting.
Old 05-22-2003, 06:06 PM   #9
iON Performance Inc
Vendor

Member#: 7673

zzzzzzzz - Yes the 205/55/16 RE92's will fit.

AnimalMother - It was right when they were intro'd here in N.A. Waiting on a set of 225/45/16's to come in from Japan though
iON Performance Inc is offline   Reply With Quote