Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 26, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > SVX Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-04-2000, 08:32 AM   #1
CRZ_MSL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1610
Exclamation Does your SVX do this?

When I rev the engine while in neutral the car will twist to one side, like it's a 60's muscle car. I can actually feel the entire body of the car twist to one side, and I'm sure that if I were to look at the engine it would twist the opposite direction.

I'm wondering if this is something all SVXs do, or is it due to my mods. The twist is almost instant, I rev the engine and the engine torques one way while the chassis torques the other.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 07-04-2000, 11:46 AM   #2
CRZ_MSL
Scooby Newbie

Exclamation

Let me clarify, if the engine is already at about 2KRPM, and then I gas it, I feel the
twitch.

From idle I feel nothing.
Old 07-04-2000, 05:11 PM   #3
tat2skullz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1692
Cruz....

My Built-up Z28 did that once, I had 2 broken engine mounts, and a cracked trans mount.

My SVX engine moves " a little bit " when I rev it, but settles back quickly. The body does not "twist" at all.

[This message has been edited by tat2skullz (edited July 04, 2000).]
Old 07-05-2000, 07:25 AM   #4
CRZ_MSL
Scooby Newbie

Exclamation

Busted mounts! AACK!
Gonna have to have these looked at, and possibly upgraded.
Old 12-18-2000, 07:29 PM   #5
blonde_man
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3283
Cool

I used to take flight lessons in Cessana 172's. They have flat 4 (boxer) engines too. It's just engine torque. When you are flying, sometimes the plane would want to rotate around the propellar when you throttle it up. You have to kind of offset the torque by slightly banking the plane. The SVX engine is similar in layout but more powerful, so if you aren't driving and you gun it, the engine tries to get rid of the torque, so it'll "twist" a little. As long as it doesn't move TOO much, it should be fine.

Don't you just love that BOXER GROWL???
Eric
Old 12-19-2000, 12:10 AM   #6
CRZ_MSL
Scooby Newbie

Actually, it's more like a Boxer howl. Much different from a V-6 or V-8, has a distinct pitch. Quite Porsche like.
Old 12-19-2000, 10:56 PM   #7
glenstiles
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2827
Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver, baby, silver

My car rocks very slightly when in park and I give it some gas. Kinda cool. Very subtle though, for example I don't think my wife would notice if she were in the car while I was doing this...

Also, I agree that the SVX and Porsche 911 motors do have that same pitch at higher rpms- quite lovely winding em out on the freeway onramps. Really buttery smooth power too..hehee

Glen
Old 12-20-2000, 05:39 AM   #8
Paisan
Tri-State Track Instructor

Member#: 197
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
'14 Touareg TDI '14
BRZ http://48hrs.info

Well, I don't have an SVX, but I have an XT6 and you guys are the closest to my car. Mine doesn't twist but I do love the H6 sound...

-mike
'00 Trooper LS
'88 XT6 when it dies -> '92 SVX http://www.iace.com/ia/trooper