Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > SVX Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-09-2000, 05:56 AM   #1
Gary Thomas
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1832
Post Door lock stuck

Anyone have this problem before? I tried to enter my locked car that I locked with the remote. It wouldn't unlock with the remote or with the key. The passenger side unlocked with the key, so I got in and tried to push the lock button. It was stuck. After repeated efforts it finally moved to the unlock position, but it still would not operate. But at least I could use the door. A day later it all began working properly again for some unknown reason. What the heck caused this and fixed this.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 07-09-2000, 11:54 AM   #2
zensvx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1704
Vehicle:
1992 SVX LS-L

I had something similar happen once. I unlocked the doors with the remote then after that the drivers side wouldn't lock anymore. I couldn't push the button down nor would the remote or key lock it. I have no idea what happened but it just started working the next day when I used the remote.
Old 07-09-2000, 07:15 PM   #3
Gary Thomas
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1832
Talking

That's not something similar - that's exactly what happened to me.

By the way, I like the format on this site, because I can quickly and easily check for replies to my post.
Old 12-18-2000, 07:47 PM   #4
blonde_man
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3283
You're getting water into the power lock actuator(?). It has a rubber boot that wears out, and tears, once water gets in it shorts it out. You'd be surprised at how much water gets in there! Once it locks, it locks HARD! It's even worse in the winter if that water freezes! Last winter I thought my car was POSSESSED! It would keep locking and relocking all the time when it was COLD!

You might want to take the door panel off and look it over, and somehow fix that boot! It's not good to be locked out of your car! Especially when you still have the key, and it just won't work!

Sorry for the late reply, did you ever resolve it?

Eric
Old 12-18-2000, 11:30 PM   #5
zensvx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1704
Vehicle:
1992 SVX LS-L

I noticed this when I was replacing my 6.5 speakers. I had washed the SVX about 30 mins before and noticed water all inside the door (and all over my speakers! Bought some foam baffles the same day.) when I took the door panel off. I haven't had the problem with the locks again (don't know about Gary). Now that its winter I probably should look at it again before I do get locked out.
Old 12-19-2000, 10:51 PM   #6
glenstiles
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2827
Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver, baby, silver

Had the door locks stay in the open position a couple of months or so ago. I pulled off both door panels but could not get the sucker to unstick. Then I tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it, and they worked fine, and still do now. Haven't had probs before or since- but I never checked the rubber boot for the solenoid. I hate to think what would have to happen if I was outside of the car and the door locks were stuck in the closed position...

Glen