Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday January 28, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-20-2003, 04:28 AM   #1
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2272
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru 599 :P
Galaxy Blue Sexy

Question Power steering pump Conversion?

Ok, my power steering pump resevoir is leaking for the 2nd time in the past one and a half years... It was completely replaced last time, and now its doing the exact same thing (1995 1.8 L )

Anyway, so ive been looking around at the different power steering layouts and noticed that the pre-02 RS's have a simular resevoir but with a design that seems less condusive to the leak that I have which is coming from the middle of the metal chamber where the two halves seperate.

I was curious if anyone had any info on this or if anyone had done this before. Could I perhaps just get the RS resevoir and not have to get the whole pump itself, or do I have to do the whole thing? I spent quite a bit last time on the pump and dont want to spend that much again on an engine I might not have for much longer...

Heres a pic of my engine:

And here is a pic of an 00/01 RS engine bay to compair:

I havent looked closely enough to tell if the lines are compatible yet, if thats an issue...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 09:02 PM   #2
Jaxx
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 177
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
The 93 Imp W/EJ20K
flat black

the only thing i have to add is that you will probbaly want the bracket as well as the pump .. the usdm pump i took off my 1.8 motor did not fit the bracket on the ej20g
Jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 04:26 AM   #3
supermoose
Visiting NASIOC Timeout

Member#: 9093
Vehicle:
1995 RHD STi RA Ver2
swap starr

Default pumps

mmm. u could cap off power steering and be a hoss with manual steering....

ive got the 931.8L OEM pump on my EJ25 right now. u just gota swap brackets. i would actually sell it to you for really really cheap, bc i have a 98 ej25 pump with lines that im pondering swapping in. the lines clear my motor better. the stock ej18 lines will kinda interfere with clearance on the #1/#3 bank, but work w/o problems.

PM me if u want the hookup or some pix on stuff.
h
supermoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 03:41 AM   #4
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
Galaxy Blue Sexy

Went to the recycler yard today and looked around at all the power steering pumps...
Decided that its not gonna work quite right with my intake manifold and the line connections, so I consulted with the dealerships while I was there looking at STI's, XT's and stuff and they had an L there with the EXACT same problem I had with the same pump and recommended getting the "repacking" kit, which consists of a few o-rings, gaskets and such and ill try and get it all done monday and see if it works...
Old 06-24-2003, 04:39 AM   #5
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
Galaxy Blue Sexy

Alrighty, my pump is in pieces right now Interesting thing, ill take pics of it tommorow...

Anyhow, it looks like the canister/resevoir is indeed the culprit (I air-checked it) so ill go stop by the recycler AGAIN tommorow and try to see if the newer canisters bolt up to the pump I have.