Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-24-2003, 03:40 PM   #1
AaronC
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 19865
Vehicle:
2006 C6 Z06
Le Mans Blue

Default UTEC Knock Sensitivity Settings

What do you guys have these set at? I currently have them left at the defaults, with the exception of having it look for 3 events before pulling timing.

I was just wondering what setting is a happy medium between engine noise, and actual knock throughout the RPM range.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AaronC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 05:00 PM   #2
PaulRex
Scooby Guru

Member#: 12454
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
10 Toyota Taco
K8 SV650SF

Hey, I JUST got my UTEC yesterday, but I've already started ****ing around with it and I'm getting kind of addicted

I havn't been getting any knock, except when I was initially tuning the boost levels and I had a few spikes to 17.5psi etc. then I had some knock.

I put the knock count to 2 before retarding the timing, and made the correction factor alittle bit higher so it will pull one degree more per cycle than default if it detects knock. (I hope that made sense because I cannot remember all the UTEC terms exactly).

Only changes I have made to my map so far are to the timing and other stuff in the parameters.

The Stg.2 map that my UTEC V.3.1 came loaded with was much different than the stg.2 93octane map I downloaded from the turboxs website..

For instance the maximum ignition advance in the 80-100% load columns at high rpms was only 22degrees, versus 25degrees for the other stg.2 map from the website IIRC.

I actually started modding it using memeber Chuglobals stg.2 93octane map as a reference(got it off his site he posted in his UTEC stg.2 thread in this forum), and just this afternoon i did some 4th gear pulls with more aggressive timing than what his tuned stg.2 map was. I made sure the transition was smooth still since I've read that it is important not to have the timing jump around too much, ie: 22 22 22 25 25 25 instead I would do 22 22 22 24 24 25 25 25.... thats not my actual map but I will post it later for scrutiny. I got it advanced to 26degrees max at high rpms but I want to wait until later tonight after work when it will be cooler out to test it some more make sure it is not knocking, and then mess with it again.

Paul
PaulRex is offline   Reply With Quote