Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > SVX Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-05-2001, 07:43 PM   #1
KEVINL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3525
Vehicle:
2004 Duramax W/500HP
And Want another STi

Post SVX Tranny stumped

Okay this is a long shot but I'll try it. okay my SVX has a problem with its transmission It goes into Nuetral Reverse and Park fine when you put it in Drive it stars out in third and when you put it in first it loads the engine but nothing happens and then all of a sudden it will go into third and try to go back into first and bind up and actually stop the car. like its in 2 gears at the same time. We changed the valve body and tried the 2 computers from a SVX that was fine. and that didnt help. We still believe its the electronics and not tranny because it feels like the computer cant figure how to put it in gear. I also have the resistor unplugged but plugging it in changes nothing. Could it be in limp home mode. If so how do you get out of limp mode

sorry for the long post
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2001, 08:38 AM   #2
kastle
Frank Army

Member#: 1457
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
Steel Blue Mica

I'm pretty sure KevinL's SVX has the tranny cooler. but I'm guessing the same thing. It looks like it is Level10 time....
Old 06-07-2001, 12:05 AM   #3
KEVINL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3525
Vehicle:
2004 Duramax W/500HP
And Want another STi

Yes it has a cooler and the fluid was fine when I pulled the pan