Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > SVX Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-14-2001, 10:11 PM   #1
kastle
Frank Army

Member#: 1457
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
Steel Blue Mica

Unhappy still thinking about selling SVX-T

This is the add that I'm thinking about posting around to different sites and such. I'm certainly leaning towards selling it soon, once I get the new valve cover gaskets installed this week. I might add a manual boost controler here soon too to adjust the boost issue's.

For Sale: 1992 Subaru SVX-T LS-L, located in Phoenix, Arizona. Recently installed Garret T3 Turbocharger running 5psi of boost. The car is not only fast but much more fun to drive. New intake and custom exhaust installed as well. The car is pearl white with black roof and rear deck with spoiler. Also has gray leather and suede interior plus Clarion CD and Kenwood speakers front / rear. Loaded with all options and in mint condition. New Kuhmo tires and brakes. ONLY 66k miles. Can be seen @ http://www.kastle.net/personal/subaru/index_svx.php3
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-14-2001, 10:20 PM   #2
AaronB
Worst Mod Ever

Member#: 369
Vehicle:
12 Vagon

Smile

I can attest for Kastle's car being in very good condition. It is substantially faster than my 92 SVX as well. It would be a good purchase for someone who wants a higher performance SVX, but doesn't want to piece it together themselves.

The power delivery is very smooth. If you didn't hear the whine of the turbo most people wouldn't notice it was turbo'd, they would just think it is fast.

Aaron
Old 01-14-2001, 10:20 PM   #3
CRZ_MSL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1610
Pity you are in Arizona. Something like that would sell quite easily in LA/OC/SD.

Instead of selling it as a turbocharged SVX, perhaps you should push it as a turbocharged 6-cylinder AWD sports coupe, with the fact it is a Subaru SVX in small print. WRX aint fully here yet, Subaru does not equal performance for most. Even today a gaggle of young lads was trying to figure out what my car was, when they saw the hood logo they were shocked. (I was standing nearby, they did not know it was mine)
Old 01-14-2001, 10:39 PM   #4
kastle
Frank Army

Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
Steel Blue Mica

I'll sell it to anyone, anywhere. It doesn't matter if they where, truthfully. I've posted it for starters out on cars101.com site. It's a nice place run by Joe Spitz who is a Subaru dealer in Seattle.

I might post it to yahoo, but the people in the SVX club are not too receptive to people with real questions as all they tend to do is talk about non-technical things. I posted that I HAD A TURBO and no one cared. GTH people.....

Anyways, it is really much faster than stock. Once Aaron gets his running again we will get to the track and post some stock vs. turbo #'s. Not inflated ones like everyone else seems to post.

kastle
Old 01-14-2001, 11:22 PM   #5
glenstiles
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2827
Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver, baby, silver

How much are you asking? That is super low mileage for a 92, and with a turbo would be a perfect car for an SVX enthusiast. Looks like its in nice shape too.

Glen
Old 01-14-2001, 11:56 PM   #6
AaronB
Worst Mod Ever

Vehicle:
12 Vagon

Well my numbers will be inflated, since I consider high 16's / 17's inflated

Aaron
Old 01-15-2001, 09:56 AM   #7
kastle
Frank Army

Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
Steel Blue Mica

Glen,

I'd be more than glad to talk about price offline if your interested or someone you know is interested. The reason? I'm not totally sure how much to sell it for. Any thoughts on how much?

kastle
Old 01-15-2001, 07:06 PM   #8
glenstiles
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver, baby, silver

Kastle, I have some thoughts on price. PM or e-mail me.

Glen
Old 01-15-2001, 08:08 PM   #9
arejay
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1916
Exclamation

Well, if you were in Peoria, IL instead of Peoria, AZ, I might consider buying it. Sounds like fun -- but, it'd also be very hard to drive it where you (in essence) told me to go. Best of luck.
Old 01-15-2001, 09:19 PM   #10
kastle
Frank Army

Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
Steel Blue Mica

lol... I mean not to offend anyone. I was venting. If you are seriously interested in the car, I'm sure I could get it to you. Damn, I'd even drive it there if I had to...

kastle
Trying hard not to offend people for the next 60 minutes.
Old 01-16-2001, 04:01 PM   #11
1994subarusvx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3358
how can you sell the svx-t?? something major and i mean major would have to happen for me to sell my svx? you have what everyone wants and you want to sell it?? ok i am getting hostile better cut this short. i think the comment that hurt most was that you actually like the impreza more! ouch...no really ouch...
Old 01-16-2001, 04:28 PM   #12
kastle
Frank Army

Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
Steel Blue Mica

Man, 2 different boards and your killing me on both...

Sorry that you don't like my reason. I might still keep it as it looks like Aaron is going to give me his rims off his SVX that is nearly dead.

My post over at kinetic is more in depth.
Old 01-16-2001, 07:30 PM   #13
AaronB
Worst Mod Ever

Vehicle:
12 Vagon

It's not dead it is just drivability challenged.

That is a maybe still on the rims, it depends on what I do with the car
Old 01-16-2001, 09:08 PM   #14
kastle
Frank Army

Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
Steel Blue Mica

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

with sugar on top?
Old 01-16-2001, 09:57 PM   #15
arejay
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1916
Wink

Imagine how much fun this would be: Say, I buy the turbo and keep my stock (Both Pearlies). I go out one night and pick some "fights" in the stock SVX with some high powered cars -- get beat. Go out the next night in the turbo and pick on the same cars --- hehehehehe. One can fantasize
Old 01-16-2001, 10:06 PM   #16
glenstiles
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver, baby, silver

What kind of rims? Any pics? If you get some nice rims on that car, you aren't gonna want to sell it...it'll be too fast and too pretty to part with...

Glen
Old 01-16-2001, 10:22 PM   #17
kastle
Frank Army

Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
Steel Blue Mica

Old 01-17-2001, 06:52 PM   #18
glenstiles
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver, baby, silver

Cool! I usually don't like chrome rims, but those look good. Look easy to clean too- mine are multi-spoke and it takes forever to get brake dust off of em.

Glen
Old 01-18-2001, 11:26 AM   #19
1994subarusvx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3358
kastle, sorry i am busting you up so bad, but you can not leave the brotherhood!! it takes lots of character, and at times money, take make a winner out of what everyone else thinks is an underachiever. you are like lewis and clark or something.....pioneering!! oh and do not take aaron's rims, sorry aaron but those are horrible. buy some enkei rs6's like mine or even some like dayle at motorsports warehouse has on his purple svx.
Old 01-18-2001, 09:51 PM   #20
AaronB
Worst Mod Ever

Vehicle:
12 Vagon

Smile

They came with the car

It doesn't matter much anymore, as I have bailed out of the "brotherhood' on this Scooby. Future very large repair bills are coming quick, so I cut my losses.

It is kind of sad really. It is such a nice car. Maybe I will get one again someday, just one that had been better cared for before I got it.

It's replacement is a 2001 Forester S.

I will still check in hear to see what kind of lies kastle is telling about his turbo SVX

Aaron
Old 01-18-2001, 10:27 PM   #21
kastle
Frank Army

Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
Steel Blue Mica

wise @$$... I should beat you down for that, but I won't. This time....

I call you later.