|07-19-2003, 06:27 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Diego, CAVehicle:
Engine Swap. EJ25 --> EJ20
I'm sure this has been beaten to death before in other forums but I couldn't find answers I am lookign for. In 2 years or so I will be looking into swapping out my 2.5L RS engine for a 2.0L WRX engine because I don't want to deal with aftermarket turbos on a 2.5. I've heard both good and bad things about adding the turbo on the EJ25 but mostly bad. Now here are my questions...
1) Price range? I read anywhere from $6k - $9k and does that inclue installaton of EVERYTHING?
2) How long would it take a shop to do the conversion assuming everything goes well. I want to know how long my car will be out of my reach.
3) Will I have to do anything extra/ observe anything more than I usually would because of the conversion?
4) Is it really worth it? I love my GM6 body style.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|engine swap ej25 or ez30r? in 05' WRX?||Mako3||Built Motor Discussion||28||07-29-2009 08:58 PM|
|Engine swap..2003 WRX EJ20 for 2004 STi EJ25||FireSooby||Interior & Exterior Modification||2||01-25-2009 02:28 AM|
|Finished my first engine swap EJ18 -> EJ22||gtu89rx7||Newbies & FAQs||2||01-20-2009 09:55 PM|
|ej25 > ej20 good/bad/+/-||Dantekat||Subaru Conversions||5||02-02-2004 09:14 PM|
|header swap EJ25 and EJ20||supermoose||Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)||0||02-15-2003 12:49 AM|