Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Forester Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-28-2001, 05:59 PM   #1
RS*R
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3538
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Question Forester suspension questions

• Can someone tell me if the impreza front and rear strut bars fit the forester? how about an impreza sport rear strut bar?
  • is the FHI v.5 struts compatible w/ Forester specific springs?
  • if i do a plus 2 on my wheels, should the tire size be 205/50/17? (i have 15" L wheels)

thanks,
-ed

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RS*R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 06:24 PM   #2
Crashton
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3808
Vehicle:
2005 Forester XT!!!
Crystal Gray Metallic

I thought I read somewhere that the rear bar will fit but not the front because of the cross member. Sorry I can't answer your other questions.

Chuck
Crashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 08:39 AM   #3
juice
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1424
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
1998 Forester
Acadia Green Metallic

Actually, the SPT front strut brace (made for Imprezas) fits perfectly. I have one and it bolts right on, with no clearance issues:
http://thejuiceman.homepage.com/custom.html

I did a Plus One, but cheated a little with wider tires, so the diameter is also slightly wider. The offset took care of that, and I've had no rubbing.

A Plus Two would be 215/55R17, which has an identical diameter. 205/50 would be way off (too small).

I would not combine the v5 struts with the stock springs. Those springs are very tall to begin with, plus they are much softer than STi springs. If you upgrade, I'd do both.

-juice
juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 10:43 AM   #4
RS*R
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3538
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Thumbs up

thanks for your info guys...

juice- what i meant to say is using the v5 struts along w/ lowering springs made by STi, 5zigen, tein, etc... that is forester specific.
i can see now that tire sizing is a problem.
my options- 225/50/17 nitto (will it rub the suspension?), 215/55/17-none exist?, 215/50/17-performance ones are expensive.

anymore info on the strut bars-will they fit?
-ed
RS*R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 03:26 AM   #5
Imprezer
Dynamic Uno

Member#: 1
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX STi
Black

I just got my TEIN Medium springs for mt SF5. I will be installing them tommorow. I will post some pics as soon as I am done.
Imprezer is offline   Reply With Quote