Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-28-2003, 12:20 PM   #1
redobs
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 1501
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2009 WRX wagon
Dark grey

Default ABS Switch using the OEM foglight switch

I have an OEM switch. I was wondering if any one has gotten it to work as an ABS switch? If you did, can you tell/show me where the two wires attach to the switch?

Thanks.
redobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2003, 12:44 PM   #2
kenchan
Scooby Guru

Member#: 15106

wasn't the foglight switch a momentary sw? (i rarely use my foglights so forgot which of my cars had the momentary and which had the latching type).

you should get a latching switch if you're doing a ABS on/off switch.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 06:01 PM   #3
redobs
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 1501
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2009 WRX wagon
Dark grey

OK, thanks for jamz for the help. Once you have it hooked up properly, it takes 3-4 seconds for the ABS light to go out. I didn't know this for a couple weeks and just thought it wasn't working.

Quote:
ok, here we go...

for this switch you bought, does the back end of it look like this? (not sure what HTML will do to this but...)

|..|
...|
...|
|..|

ignore the periods there-

so if you have tabs that look like that, I'll number them, starting from upper left, in clockwise order,

I found that you need to rig power to tab #2.
Then, you can hook ground to either tabs 4 or 5... doesn't seem to matter which. I used 5 just 'casue it was farther away and less likely to short out.
redobs is offline   Reply With Quote