Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-09-2003, 01:07 AM   #1
frogbot123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 39533
Question Help setting up a Profec-B

Hi,

I just put in a Greddy Profec-B V2 today. I'm having some difficulties setting it up. I want to know if anyone can help me out with configuring the different parameters (Set, gain, start boost, and limiter). I've tried messing with it a bunch, starting with set: 40% gain: 15% start boost: anywhere from 0-1kpa. While the spool happens very quickly, the boost seems to wind up to about 1 bar and then fall off almost immediately, stabilizing somewhere around or under .5.

If I turn it higher, it spikes badly up to almost 1.2, whereupon it again falls very quickly down to around .5. If I turn it down I can get it to spike a little above .6 and then fall down to a steady .5 bar. My Lo setting does this with set: 20, gain, 10, start boost .5kpa, and no limiter set at 0. It seems no matter what I do I can't get it to hold a high boost level where I want it. It always spools up quickly and then falls of just as fast, before holding about .5bar. I think this is about where my stock wastegate spring is.. is that my problem?

By the way, start boost is, according the the manual, the pressure at which the boost controller should start to open the wastegate. Manual says to set it close to the SET boost value.. for quicker spooling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-FB123
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
frogbot123 is offline   Reply With Quote