Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday December 6, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-11-2003, 12:46 PM   #1
KnightWRXRider_
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 30496
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Blue

Default Repainting question

I'm going to probably be picking up an Impreza L and would like to convert the exterior to an older version WRX or STi. I would like to have it repainted possibly white. Any ideas what it would cost to have a nice paintjob, will it be really expensive to have it entirely repainted?
KnightWRXRider_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2003, 08:05 AM   #2
tbd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 15322
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
1995 gf wagon
Blue Green Metallic 340

cheaper jobs around here w/ masking only, no part removal & no clear coat run between a few hundred to just under a thousand. any auto paint & body chain can do that. paint & clearcoat = more. disassembly w/ either costs even more. 1-2k depending on how good you consider good? private shops can be better and more costly. changing color can be a cost factor, as some extra spots other than exterior, (door jams) may be painted. white paint should'nt be too expensive though.
tbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 12:53 PM   #3
stimpy
Homicidal Maniac

Member#: 1612
Vehicle:
2008 STI

Just to give you an idea, I was quoted between $600-800 to have the hood and grill stripped, repainted, and have the fenders blended. It was approximately $300-400 to have the surface prepped and repainted without being stripped. You can knock around $100 off that if you remove all items yourself so all they have to do is work on the surfaces.

If you change the color of the car and want it done right, you are going to have to pull the engine and do the engine bay and jams. This is a royal pain and is costly. For the record, white is one of the most expensive paints because it contains the most pigments.

A typical paintjob is going to run you between $1500-3000. This is not half-ass Maaco quality, but real workmanship. With painting, you get what you pay for.

Short answer: yes, it will be expensive to repaint the car.

-Jon
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 04:33 PM   #4
tbd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 15322
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
1995 gf wagon
Blue Green Metallic 340

are you serious about the white?

i just assumed it was cheaper as they always use it on fleet vehicles.

jeeze, no white for me then.
tbd is offline   Reply With Quote