Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 13, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > STi Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-16-2003, 04:38 PM   #1
Burke
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 38939
Vehicle:
2004 STI
Black w/ Gold Rims

Default snorkle mod

Well I completed the snorkel mod. I started it without resetting the ECU and revved it a few times. Sure enough I got some lean backfires on deceleration. I reset the ECU and retaught it using the Visnu method and no more back fire. It is a little louder but not much.

It seems to spool up faster and there seems to be a slight dead spot around 4500 rpm (could this be pinging? --- it is not audible). I also noticed that the boost gauge flickers as it goes up (small tiny surges all the way up). Is this bad?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:41 PM   #2
Burke
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 38939
Vehicle:
2004 STI
Black w/ Gold Rims

come on I know there are other guys on this forum with this mod. Help me out and share your experiences with it so far.

P.S. I took the y and the resonator out and fabricated some pipes out to the fendor to get a good seal.

Love the blow off sound! And the Turbo sounds like a plane taking off

I have noticed that the turbo does not get as high on pressure. I can make it go to 15 but only if I really lug the engine. Otherwise it normally only goes to 10. could this be because it is not needed as much now?