Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-25-2003, 12:56 AM   #1
q0Y0p
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 35903
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
99 R & 05BugShield I
RBP & PSM

Default check engine light blinking after installins safcII for 99 2.5rs

My friend and I were installing the s-afc yesterday, after we connected all the wires correctly except we connected the ground(brown and black) wire to ignition ground instead of oxgen sensor ground (we didn't know that until i found it in scoobymods.com).
After I turned the ignition to perform the initial set up, the engine light started blinking, we didn't know what went wrong so we disconnected all the wires and put everything back to normal, but the engine light remains blinking whenever i turn on the car, so
my friend used one of those computer to check the codes inside the computer, it said 3 somethings:
speedometer sensor at fault
front o2 senor, rear o2 sensor at fault
undocument code

the speedometer works fine and i can still drive the car without any abnormal behaviors except when i turn on to the ignition (without startin the car) the engine fans go on and off continously

if anyone knows what we did wrong and what we possibly broke( o2 sensers maybe?)...
and how we can fix this please help...

PLZ HELP ME

thx

Walt
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
q0Y0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 01:38 AM   #2
sti27
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 33715
Vehicle:
98 2.5rs
rallyblue pearl

Sorry I dont have an answer for you but I do have a question. Do you have/ or where did you get instructions for install the safc II. I'v been looking for help or difficultly level of the install.

Hope you find an answer,
Sti27
sti27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 07:48 AM   #3
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX
15 WRX/05 GTO

By any chance did you plug together the green connectors under the drivers side dash? They are normally just sitting there not connected and very often when someone is working under there they will see them and assume they should be connected and plug them in. When you do this it activates a diagnostic mode for the ECU which will constantly flash the CEL and cycle the fans and various other relays and solenoids.
If that is what you did just go back under there and unplug them.
Your codes might have come from improperly wiring the SAFC, now that you have removed it and reconnected everything back to normal you may want to check to see that the codes have not come back. Anyway those codes would give you a steady CEL and not a flashing one.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:36 AM   #4
q0Y0p
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
99 R & 05BugShield I
RBP & PSM

sti27
the safc comes with english instructions, then i got the wire diagram from www.ravenshield.com/impreza (i dun remember it wrong i got this link from one of the posts in this section)
then i followed the safc instructions...

mulder
maybe...because before i worked on the safc, we also did something under there I will take a look at it today and will take you what happens
thank you
Walt
Old 08-26-2003, 09:04 PM   #5
q0Y0p
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
99 R & 05BugShield I
RBP & PSM

thx, mulder
we got the problem fixed. my friend connected it, after i unplugged it, everything runs fine
thank you

Walt
Old 08-26-2003, 09:08 PM   #6
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX
15 WRX/05 GTO

Thought so
Maybe it won't make you feel any better, but believe me you aren't the first to have done this and you won't be the last.
Happy to help, glad to hear your car is ok now.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote