Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Outback Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-25-2003, 03:53 PM   #1
d4d4d4d4
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 38925
Vehicle:
1990 legacy wgn
Pig blood for paint

Thumbs up Attention Outback Owners! You MUST read this thread!

I've done the ground cleaning on many Subarus since I did it to my car. It had good results for every subaru legacy 1990-2000, impreza, and Outback that I've modified. Actually I wouldn't call it much of a modification, its more of undoing some sloppy ground work.

The biggest inprovement I've seen has been in the Phase 1, 2.5 l engines in the older outbacks. It doesn't require any new wires to be installed. Don't believe people who tell you otherwise. Just cleaning the existing grounds and reseting the ECU gives you perfect results. The older Phase 1 DOHC engines are tuned more for highend power than phase 2 SOHC. That's why they see better improvements in the high rev range, because the ground mod helps the ECU run smoother without the dreaded instant RPM losses.

If you don't know what the ground mod is I'll eplaine it really easily:

Only worry about cleaning the FOUR black wires that lead to the strut towers on either side of the engine bay. Remove the screws and scrape away the paint into bare metal around the holes. You should scrape just enough to allow full contact of the wire rings to the body metal. When you reapply the wires, put the jagged washers above the ground connector, then tighten down really good with a socket wrench. On the drivers right hand side strut tower, there is a painted plate holding the FWD fuse. Remove the paint and re-attach the grounds under that painted plate so that they are in direct contact of the frame. Now pull the negative cable off of the battery and push the brake pedal for 5 seconds, let the battery sit for 30 minutes then re-attach. Start the car up and you'll notice the headlights are a lot brighter. Take her for a trip up to redline and see the improvement! Silky smooth acceleration!

BTW if you see me in the parking lot at the Grocery store, I'll do your car on the spot in 2 minutes. I've already done this to 10 stranger's cars.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
d4d4d4d4 is offline   Reply With Quote