Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-13-2003, 04:36 PM   #1
MZM
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 514
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
07 Legacy Spec B
Impreza 93 STI

Default Master Cylinder conversion

This post will interest only those installing big brakes on an early Impreza.

After installing the StopTech BBK on my 93L, I discovered the 15/16 size master cyclinder on the L was not able to hold enough brake fluid to keep the petal from going almost all the way to the floor when stopping.

After a search on this forum, I found Stimpy and Legacy777 (maybe others too) had solved this problem by installing a master cyclinder from a specific mid-90's SVX. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...aster+cylinder

Mucho thanks to these guys. The only problem is that Stimpy bought the last new MC on earth (I verified this) and the recycle people only understand ABS master cyclinders, which has two ports.

So, after a lot of web surfing, I found a new non-Subaru manufacturer that makes such a MC. You have probably heard of AC Delco. Even so, my car has the hill holder, which requires three MC ports, not four. I plugged one port by cutting a new brake line (AutoZone, $2.90) , crimping and soldering the open end. This screws into the unused port and seals it completely.

I have tried to post pics, maybe it will work. Which BTW seems harder than installing the MC. It is a lot easier on other boards.

Mike McBride

Five Photos

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/....jpg.thumb.jpg

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 01:53 PM   #2
tbd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 15322
Vehicle:
1995 gf wagon
Blue Green Metallic 340

Thumbs up any part number for the ac delco part?

great find,

and a nice informative heads-up for those of us seeking the same mod parts.

have you the part number that ac delco uses to log this specific MC? i ask because i'm seeking a pair also. i had a miss on one of these when i picked up one from ebay for $10. it was a two port 1&1/16. nice deal though.

tony
tbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 09:39 PM   #3
MZM
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 514
Vehicle:
07 Legacy Spec B
Impreza 93 STI

Default AC Delco MC

tbd asks:
Quote:
have you the part number that ac delco uses
I found the piece HERE .

Open RockAuto, click on start, then choose the third (pink) tab titled "Click Here For Part Search". Key in part # 18M697. This takes you directly to the correct master cyclinder.

Or, click on the first tab (white) named "Part Catalog" and follow through the titles for Subaru to the master cyclinder choices for a 1994 SVX without ABS. This takes you to the same place, but if you are the type to verify stuff like I am, this way lists all the choices. Now you can assure youeself you are getting the correct MC. You will be suprized how many choices of MC's there are for Subaru SVX MY1994.

Also please note I wouldn't know who Rock Auto was if they took me to lunch. This is where I found the part and they did a good job. No other connection, so look elsewhere if you have a favorite source.

Here are some better pics.

EDIT: I am incredible unskilled at posting pictures, but here they are!

PHOTOS

Mike McBride
MZM is offline   Reply With Quote