Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-14-2003, 07:23 PM   #1
JewPac42
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 23260
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
Patr ick Willis
for Rookie of the year

Default GC8 KYB AGX Struts

These were installed on my car about a month ago by Gruppe-S, the springs I have are the 5zigen springs which I believe lower the car by about 1.5 inches. I have had absolutly no problem with these struts performance or driveability. When I had first got them I had them set at 2/4 and with 5 people in the car I experienced a little rubbing however changing the settings to 4/8 the rubbing went away. There is no rubbing on the lower setting with less people at all. I also drove cross country with these struts, set on 4/8 due to the weight of all my possessions, and the ride comfort was superb, no complaints at all. I would recommend these struts to anyone in the market for aftermarket struts.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JewPac42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 01:54 AM   #2
supermarkus
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (13)

Member#: 6971
Vehicle:
2008 WRX STi
SSM

I'll have a set of these for sale if anyone is in the market for used ones. I'm looking to get around $200 for them. They have 12K miles on them: no auto-x, off-roading, or track miles. The only damage to them was I had to dremel the brake line brackets to get them off without undoing my lines. The can very easily be bent back into shape and used without any harm to the lines.

I was using them in with Eibach Pro Kit springs on my WRX and they worked beautifully for as long as I've had them. I was amazed at how the struts could instantly change the personality of the car. One minute you're cruising in comfort and after an adjustment, you could send your girlfriend scrambling to slip on a sports bra

My only issue with them came from the fact that GC8 struts on a GD WRX give a bit more drop than I wanted because the spring perches are about 1/4" lower on the GC struts AND I got a great deal on some V7 STi RA struts.
supermarkus is offline   Reply With Quote