Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday November 26, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > General Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-27-2000, 03:21 PM   #1
Arioch
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2274
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Question Price change on MY01?

Does anyone think that the price is going to change for the MY01 RS when the WRX comes out?

I was thinking about waiting until the WRX comes out hoping that the RS's would drop in price. Does anyone think that will happen? Will the new WRX lower (or raise) the price of the RS?

-Arioch ***trying to save every penny I can on this car...***
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 09-27-2000, 03:24 PM   #2
JGard
pooptastic

Member#: 1904
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2014 Lexus IS 350
01 Miata red

when WRX comes out, no more RS
Old 09-27-2000, 03:27 PM   #3
Arioch
Scooby Newbie

Angry

You mean that once they release the WRX I won't be able to order the black MY01 RS that I want? That sucks eggs!
Old 09-27-2000, 03:31 PM   #4
JGard
pooptastic

Member#: 1904
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2014 Lexus IS 350
01 Miata red

well, you may be able to find one on the lot, but the WRX is an 02... so good luck trying to find a (relatively limited production) 01 on the lots, still new
Old 09-27-2000, 03:54 PM   #5
Arioch
Scooby Newbie

Angry

Damnit. Now I'm frustrated. Has anyone heard a more definate release date for the new Neo.. I mean Impreza than early 2001. I have heard both January and April, but neither was from that reliable of a source. I'd like to know when I need the money for a down-payment on the car.

Thanks for the help and info, but it wasn't what I wanted to hear....

-Arioch
Old 09-27-2000, 04:15 PM   #6
Arioch
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
when WRX comes out, no more RS
I talked to my salesman that has been really nice to me and actually fairly knowledgable and he said that isn't exactly true. When the WRX comes out, that is the end of the RS Coupe. The 2.5RS Sedan will still be available along with the 2.0 Turbo WRX.

He also told me the reason behind that is due to the Baja Race. To compete in htat race, a manufacturer has to sell X number of cars of a cretain style. It sounds like they want to race the 2.0T WRX in the Baja races, and to help sales on that style, they are getting rid of the RS Coupe.

If anyone else wants a MY01 Coupe, the Scoobie rep said that if your order is placed before Thanksgiving, you will get your car. After that they are not taking orders for the RS Coupe so they can start up the WRX production. Orders for the WRX will be submitted in January for a hopeful April release of the WRX.

If anyone in the Milwaukee are is looking to buy a Subaru, I definatly reccoment Keith Burich at Summers Buick/Pontiac/Subaru. Very nice guy, and not a high-pressure salesman. From the first time I went in there, I said I wanted an RS Coupe but it wasn't going to be today, tomorrow or next month. He said OK, didn't pressure me, and helped me for almost 2 hours.

Looks like I have to start saving for the down payment now...

[This message has been edited by Arioch (edited September 27, 2000).]
Old 09-27-2000, 06:32 PM   #7
Supaman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2177
I was also wondering also, so I got curious and emailed SOA this is what they had to say:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site, and for your inquiry. At this time,
we do not have this information regarding the Impreza RS's body style and the
production of this model for 2002. We do know that the Impreza WRX will have a
new body design and currently do not have specifications to release.

We request that contact us again at the year for updated information. Thank you
for taking the time to contact us, and hope to be of future assistance.

Best wishes!
Pam Federer
Subaru of America, Inc.
-----------------------------------------------------------
YOUR ORIGINAL MAIL:

Hi, I was wondering if you will still manufacture the RS 2.5 when the Wrx comes
out. Will Subaru still be making Impreza with the same body as RS 2.5?

I hope they'll still manufacture the RS 2.5 model or I guess I'll have to be forced in buying a used or private one.
Old 09-27-2000, 09:26 PM   #8
Faraz
What?...
Do they speak English in What?

Member#: 1459
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2008 WRX 5door MT
WR Blue

I;m not sure if the next gen N/A impreza is going to be released with the WRX ...but if it is ...its going to be the new body style and re-badged the TS ....thus ending the 4 year production of the RS
Old 09-27-2000, 09:59 PM   #9
CHRIS5
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2323
Question

Hey Arioch,

Where is Summers? I used to live near Milwaukee (in Wales) and my parents are moving back there over the next few months, so it wouldn't be much for me to take a trip up there. I know I've heard of it, but I can't remember where it is.
Old 09-28-2000, 08:38 AM   #10
Arioch
Scooby Newbie

From downtown Milwaukee, take 43 North to Mequon Rd and take Mequon West about 3 miles. It is on the south (left) side off the road.

Sommer's Cars Website

I reccomend you go see Keith. He's very knowledgeable (for a salesman) and he will help you as much as possible.

-Arioch