Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday September 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Outback Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-17-2003, 10:38 PM   #1
Maverick Outback
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 44640
Vehicle:
2004 Outback

Default 18's with 245's on subaru

ok i guess some of you said it wouldn't be wise to put 245 on the outback but they fit. just put them on today with the riced out 18's (at least thats what some of you call them.. it is a japanese car ya know ) anyways they did fit... 245/45-28's no rubbing, ride feels totally the same but handles a bit better because of the low profiles.... but then again its an outback. height is only of .1 form stock height on the tire.

so maybe if anyone out there every desides wants to put 245 in any series (of course resonably) they will fit all the way around.

below is link to car with the wheels

- just put www. in front of it and it should work... looks like this board got some bug on it so that you can post that way. -

geocities.com/chevy1998montecarlo/subaru2004.jpg

18's with 245s
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Maverick Outback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 10:45 PM   #2
RidinLow
Scooby Guru

Member#: 329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
1995 325i
Arctic Gray

Looks nice! I seriously doubt that they'll still fit if you were ever to lower the car though. Also, be careful with adding more grip to an Outback, you don't want to roll it like a local NASIOCer did here.
RidinLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 04:24 AM   #3
Maverick Outback
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Outback

Quote:
Originally posted by RidinLow
Looks nice! I seriously doubt that they'll still fit if you were ever to lower the car though. Also, be careful with adding more grip to an Outback, you don't want to roll it like a local NASIOCer did here.
yeah the back is really close if you would lower it.. however the front i sure would clear. i think the rear would work if you pounded in the fender well near the strut because thats the only place i could see that would hit.

yeah and grip i do need to be careful... i was going to get the cusco rear sway bar and also endlinks for front and rear to get it to handle just a bit better... but yeah with the AWD it's tricky on knowing when the cars gonna let loose not to meantion the height of the outback.

i'd like to know what happened to the one who rolled theirs... is there a post?
Old 10-18-2003, 06:39 AM   #4
BrokenCrank
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 42682
Vehicle:
2000 Legacy Outback
Blue w/4EAT

Maverick,
Looks great! What are the specs on the wheels (manufacturer/model/offset,etc)???

I have 235s on my car, and there is no rubbing even with the near 1.5" drop! Of course, the skinny stock wheels probably keep the tire from realizing it's full width potential!
BrokenCrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 07:55 AM   #5
RidinLow
Scooby Guru

Member#: 329
Vehicle:
1995 325i
Arctic Gray

There wasn't a thread posted, but basically the car fishtailed one way, he overcorrected, the car fishtailed the other way, and when it hooked up it rolled over. Luckily the driver and his passenger walked away without any major injuries, but the car was totalled.
RidinLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 03:18 AM   #6
SubaH6
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 38460
Vehicle:
2005 Liberty 3.0R B
Obsidian Black

Maverick,
Looks very nice.

I have 235/50 17" on my Outback H6. These are 7 spoke and look similar to the 6 spokes you have on yours, but in champagne color. The offset is 45 instead of the original 48. Looks brilliant with the pearl white of the car.

The handling is much better and quieter as the Yokohama originals were rather noisy. Best upgrade to date, but I may sell my current Outback H6 as I've seen the new Outback H6. Look at my post regarding the Outback at the Sydney motor show in this Outback forum.
SubaH6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 12:47 AM   #7
Maverick Outback
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Outback

Quote:
Originally posted by SubaH6
Maverick,
Looks very nice.

I have 235/50 17" on my Outback H6. These are 7 spoke and look similar to the 6 spokes you have on yours, but in champagne color. The offset is 45 instead of the original 48. Looks brilliant with the pearl white of the car.

The handling is much better and quieter as the Yokohama originals were rather noisy. Best upgrade to date, but I may sell my current Outback H6 as I've seen the new Outback H6. Look at my post regarding the Outback at the Sydney motor show in this Outback forum.
the offset i'm running is a 43 which works fine. as far as the handling you are right it makes big differance.. more of a differance then an intake . i love to see pics of your car!

btw the new outback looks very nice.. however gonna stick with what i got and save me some money for the new GTO (your verson of a Holden Monaro) 360 horses rear wheel drive.. sorry all you STI lovers but i'm gonna ahve to stick with this baby. and of coruse keep my outback.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:15 AM   #8
SubaH6
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 38460
Vehicle:
2005 Liberty 3.0R B
Obsidian Black

Ah, nice to see a learned American friend who knows about our Holden's and the Monaro in particular, even if it does use a Yankie V8 to do the job. Some of these V8's here are factory made to 300+kw or 400hp!

Looks like some of our Aussie cars are making an impact in the States. There is talk of our Ford Falcon BA version V8 or turbo 6 also going to the US as police cars. These are also very good cars and the BA Falcon won the Wheels car magazine car of the year award here. A very coveted trophy and recognized the world over. The turbo 6 is rated at 240kw or 320hp. This apparently is a real hoot to drive and handles very well too. All for about US$31,500 and they look great.
SubaH6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 08:53 AM   #9
Paisan
Tri-State Track Instructor

Member#: 197
Vehicle:
'14 Touareg TDI '14
BRZ http://48hrs.info

Love the holden commodore for years. Now we are getting the crappy looking GTO someday we'll get a nice commodore though.

-mike
Paisan is offline   Reply With Quote