Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Baja Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-29-2003, 10:04 PM   #1
Bajacook
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 46351
Vehicle:
2003 Baja
Black

Question Baja Bed Cover

Hi there I am really looking to get a bed cover for my baja I found a website called subaruxtras.com but it is a US company and I live in Canada. Does anyone know where I can look to find what i ame looking for?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Bajacook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:34 PM   #2
scoobysnacks89
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 6560
Vehicle:
03 Baja
Black

i got mine at the dealership i got the car from.
scoobysnacks89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:47 PM   #3
dragonglen
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 38692
Vehicle:
2003 Baja Sport
Silver

I also got mine from my dealership. I was able to get it used too, so I saved a few bucks. I'd like to point out that the more I have it on, the less I like it. Its great for a lot of things, but when there's a puddle of rainwater sitting on it stretching it out, or I need to go in and out of the bed a couple times in one day, or I just want to show people my new vehicle and they want to see inside the bed, or if I want to fit anything large at all in the bed, it becomes a huge pain. If it also came with a rib, or two ribs instead of the hard plastic I think I'd like it much better. I think I'd also prefer snaps instead of how it is now, but oh well, I didn't design it.
dragonglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 08:00 AM   #4
scoobysnacks89
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
03 Baja
Black

Dragonleg.. is the rib on your cover seem kinda low quality? mine is not quite in the center.. it is starting to fray the strap a little bit from constant movement . And it dosent seem to want to stay in the upright position it likes to flop upside down. i've tightened the strap as far is it will go that dosen't seem to work either.

I do agree with everything that you wrote. It definantly needs snaps not that little plastic lip. It's a pain in the but to open the tailgate. I plan on taking mine off again in the spring, but it will be nice not having to shovel snow out of the bed all winter long.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:37 AM   #5
dragonglen
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Baja Sport
Silver

Are you talking about the plastic piece that goes between the bars and the cab? If so, check to make sure that both sides are screwed down tight and that it's in place properly on the thing that sticks out from the cab. I think it's a small L bracket with a screw in it to add support.

Also, I took mine off to do some moving of large things. I hated it. I almost lost a spacer and getting the hard plastic piece out without ruining the rubber trim that goes up against the cab window is basically impoosible. When I realized where they drilled (and where the drilled incorrectly the first time) I got pretty pissed. I do like keeping rain and such out, but I think it'll cause the cover to stretch and sag, so I might just open it up in the winter if I know it's gonna snow to cut my losses.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:23 PM   #6
scoobysnacks89
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
03 Baja
Black

I was actually refering to the metal bar that is the support in the middle of the bed cover. The Rib. It should be convex so the water dose'nt puddle up. It just seems low quality.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:11 PM   #7
dragonglen
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Baja Sport
Silver

Interesting, mine didn't come with a rib, that's why I was confused. Sorry 'bout that, didn't mean to doubt you, it just didn't make sense to me.

Now that I know, boy does that suck! I wonder if I can find one... and I wonder why mine didn't come with it. I guess that's what I get for buying a cover used