Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Rocky Mountains Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Rocky Mountains Impreza Club Forum -- RMIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-30-2003, 09:46 AM   #1
docwhorocks
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 13772
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
79 Chevy
Scottsdale

Default STi in Cheyenne

Saw a blue STi parked in front of Gart Brothers yesterday. Just curious if it's belongs to anyone here.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
docwhorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 10:18 AM   #2
JustDSM
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 17502

Belongs to a fellow on base here. Don't know him or anything..
JustDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:07 AM   #3
docwhorocks
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 13772
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
79 Chevy
Scottsdale

Ah. Saw it and just sat there and drooled for a while.

How'd you do in that competition you had a few weeks ago?
docwhorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 12:23 PM   #4
JustDSM
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 17502

We got shafted by the weather. During our combat weapons phase the humidity/temps/rain caused our optics to fog. Our Aimpoint CompM2's didnt do well on our M4's when the rain puddled on the lenses and distorted the red dot. I would have removed the Aimpoint and went to iron sights but the target exposures were very rapid and I would have lost more points. Our M168 scopes on the M240B and M249's fogged and made the weapon useless. Suprisingly we placed mid-pack dispite our misfortune. If there was anything I thought we could have won, it was this event.

We did pretty good in our tactics evaluation, losing 4 personnel in a urban eviroment. We had some radio problems and were unable to communicate between each fireteam. Other than that it went pretty good. BTW: I was one of the 4 lol

The O-course went awesome. We had the fastest time of any team there. I was extremely pleased.

Overall we didnt bring home any medals but we faired mid-pack. Dept. of Energy won, the Brittish Royal AF RAF Regiment came 2nd and I think Air Combat Command took 3rd.

Individually I did ok.. Nerves hurt my scores as I let the pressure get to me. I was our canidate for a marksman award with the M4 and M9. Maybe next year
JustDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 04:53 AM   #5
Dansed
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 51256
Vehicle:
2004 wrx STi
blue/gold

Until now (Dec. 24) we were the only STi in town. I say that becouse we seen an other STi going north on college dr. It was Blue the same as ours. You will either see me(Dan) or my wife(Andi) driving it. Mostly her though. We bought it in Loveland at King Subaru in Sep. and love to drive it. Stop us and say hi if you see us. Have a good holidays!
Dansed is offline   Reply With Quote