Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday October 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > General Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-03-2000, 08:13 AM   #1
john seput
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 497
Post mod friendly dealship?

Hey all,
I'm looking for a mod friendly dealership,that knows how to work on these cars. Any suggestions?

Town Motors in Englewood NJ, stay away from. everytime I bring it there, something else goes wrong. Also I need this info ASAP since I want to get the clutch taken care of, only 200 miles left.

thanks
Js
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 07-03-2000, 08:43 AM   #2
Sean
Scooby Guru

Member#: 518
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
762 PGT Impreza L,
Silverado EXT, Yaris

Call Tom Todaro at Faulkner Subaru in Bethlehem, PA (close to the NJ border). 610 867 4177, and tell him Sean Hamor sent you and you have a modified Impreza you need to get some work done on. After telling you a few Porsche war stories, he'll give you info on bringing the car in.

He's been extremely helpful on pointing me in the right direction to modify my Impreza without voiding the warranty, so I'm sure he'll be able to help.

Trunk Monkey is Coming!
Sean Sosik-Hamor < ssh@shn.nu >
Sosik-Hamor Networks Project Subaru
Epinions Automotive Reviews by `Sean
Dmoz Subaru Index by `Sean
Old 07-03-2000, 04:00 PM   #3
Faraz
What?...
Do they speak English in What?

Member#: 1459
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2008 WRX 5door MT
WR Blue

for the millionth time ...Faulkner was only good to you ... I live one minute from there and of my car was on fire i wouldn't bring it to them....trust me this is for me and many other impreza drivers in bethlehem .... i wrote about this before and it got deleted i still don't know y.
Old 07-03-2000, 04:09 PM   #4
DAVE98RS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 525
Vehicle:
<<98 2.5RS(RIP)>>
02, Cobb stg 2.5, FMIC

Thumbs down

Faulkner would not service my car under warrantee for clutch problems when my car had 6000 miles to go. They cited my "aftermarket exhaust as the reason apparently that voids the damn thing. Look elsewhere or get an ACT.
Old 07-04-2000, 08:20 AM   #5
john seput
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 497
Have a Nice Day?

Oh well looks like I'm f--ked.
Anybody ever work with Niti's in hamilton?

Js
Old 07-04-2000, 08:33 AM   #6
OG
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 41
Vehicle:
2005 Black LGT wagon
2000 Silverado

Lightbulb

If you ever find yourself on Long Island, Metric Subaru in Huntington is quite mod-friendly. The service manager has a moded 2.5GT wagon and one of the salesmen has a moded RS. They both auto-x regularly. They're quite knowledgeable and fair and will even install aftermarket parts. Check the reviews section.

P.S.-I mentioned to the sevice manager yesterday, that I had clutch shudder. He asked me the mileage(10.5k), asked when it occured, told me to make an appointment(which I did) and said he'd replace it if he find's a problem. He didn't seem in the least bit surprised by my complaint.

[This message has been edited by OG (edited July 04, 2000).]