Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2003, 10:07 PM   #1
mbakercad
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 16586
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charleston, WV
Talking Long time listener, First time owner!

Well, tonight I signed the deal and finally become a fellow Subaru owner. I have been a member of this site a long time, longing for the day I rid myself of the Grand Am. Today is the day. Picked up a Black 04 Wagon.

Very few mod's are planned at this time. Many wanted but I fear the warranty police. By spring I hope to have a set of 18" Prodrive P1's, lowered springs, and some mildly tinted windows.

I have really appreciated this site for awhile, but now it will become even more valueable.

WooHoo!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mbakercad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 10:13 PM   #2
NegativeC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 40297
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Waterford, MI
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Sport Wagon
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default

Congrats! New owner myself.
<---
NegativeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 10:28 PM   #3
Monsito
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 40581
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
04 STi
Blue

Default

CONGRATS!!!
Monsito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 10:28 PM   #4
mbakercad
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 16586
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charleston, WV
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NegativeC
Congrats! New owner myself.
<---
Congrats to you too. What did you drive before? I come from a '00 Grand AM GT which has given me WAY too many problems.
mbakercad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 10:32 PM   #5
brunetmj
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 8023
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Way-upstate , NY
Vehicle:
2004 2.5 RS

Default

Welcome. Although I drive an STI the WRX is still one of my all time favorite cars.Have fun!
brunetmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 02:45 AM   #6
SweetBaboo777
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 47627
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Concord, NH
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Java Black Pearl

Default

I'm waiting to become the owner of a 04 Black WRX wagon...ordered it oct 31 and it still hasn't come in yet

congrats
SweetBaboo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 10:26 AM   #7
Thunder Lungs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 33677
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Oak Hill, WV
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Sedan
Sonic Yellow COBB Stage 2

Default

Congrats!

Hope to see ya around Charleston some time!
Thunder Lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 11:00 AM   #8
Jeff92029
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 44084
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza 2.5 RS
Platinum Silver

Default

Congrats!

Sorry to hijack...but I just bought my first Suby 3 weeks ago! after reading here and other sites for 2 years. Its a dream come true



-Jeff
Jeff92029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 11:09 AM   #9
petergun
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 46425
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Vehicle:
2004 2.5 TS
Platinum Silver

Cool Silver '04 TS

This sweet little TS will be mine at 10:30 tomorrow morning! Good feeling!



Is this great! Congrats to all new Subie owners!
petergun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 06:15 PM   #10
slickvic
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 29727
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Indianapolis
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Black

Default

Quote:
Long time listener, First time owner!
ahahahahah is this a reference to the Bob and Tom show; the Mr. obvious show.
slickvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 06:30 PM   #11
munkis
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 1847
Join Date: Jul 2000
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: brokenmotorsports.com
Vehicle:
Team Broken: V6 GF
rallyarmor.com

Default

congrats

Jay
munkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 06:51 PM   #12
NegativeC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 40297
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Waterford, MI
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Sport Wagon
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mbakercad
Congrats to you too. What did you drive before? I come from a '00 Grand AM GT which has given me WAY too many problems.
2001 Chevy Prizm, it was a lease though. Giving it back tomorrow, not a bad little car though if you want to get from A to B cheaply and efficiently. I just broke 1000 miles today and let me tell you, HOLY CRAP MAN!!! 60Mph in 2nd gear is crazyness

The prizm would need 4 engines to pull like that. I finally get to have a little fun now
NegativeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 09:05 PM   #13
mbakercad
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 16586
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charleston, WV
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by slickvic
ahahahahah is this a reference to the Bob and Tom show; the Mr. obvious show.
I was wondering if anyone got that
mbakercad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 09:11 PM   #14
mbakercad
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 16586
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charleston, WV
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NegativeC
2001 Chevy Prizm, it was a lease though. Giving it back tomorrow, not a bad little car though if you want to get from A to B cheaply and efficiently. I just broke 1000 miles today and let me tell you, HOLY CRAP MAN!!! 60Mph in 2nd gear is crazyness

The prizm would need 4 engines to pull like that. I finally get to have a little fun now
I now have the incentive to take the long way to work I look forward to opening it. I have ran it a over a little in both 1st and 2nd, not intential. I hope to have this car a long time so I'm doing my best to break it in properly.

BTW, this is my first manual transmission car. I have a sport bike which has helped a lot, but it is still going to take a little to get used to.
mbakercad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 10:04 PM   #15
WRXPRESS
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 393
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Montgomery Cnty PA
Vehicle:
1986 944
Yellow & 99 Ducati 900ss

Default

Welcome to the Scooby Dome!

Let the mod poverty BEGIN!!!

Congrats!
WRXPRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 02:28 AM   #16
Zephry
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 20387
Join Date: Jun 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Austin, Texas
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mbakercad
Well, tonight I signed the deal and finally become a fellow Subaru owner. I have been a member of this site a long time, longing for the day I rid myself of the Grand Am. Today is the day. Picked up a Black 04 Wagon.

Very few mod's are planned at this time. Many wanted but I fear the warranty police. By spring I hope to have a set of 18" Prodrive P1's, lowered springs, and some mildly tinted windows.

I have really appreciated this site for awhile, but now it will become even more valueable.

WooHoo!!
Holy crap! I drove a Grand AM before I got my WRX too! Wow!


Did you ever have problems with the power window? I had to replace all 4 motors. And I had a CEL which wouldn't go away. I got my WRX immediately after my Grand AM died while I was driving. First I lost control and brake didn't work.
Zephry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:31 AM   #17
mbakercad
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 16586
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Charleston, WV
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Zephry
Holy crap! I drove a Grand AM before I got my WRX too! Wow!


Did you ever have problems with the power window? I had to replace all 4 motors. And I had a CEL which wouldn't go away. I got my WRX immediately after my Grand AM died while I was driving. First I lost control and brake didn't work.
I had few problems while under the 3yr/36K warranty.

At 39K I found out my intake gasket was leaking. It is a known problem, Pontiac has a new part, they also have a service bulletin. However a recall was not issued. It cost me around $600 to get it fixed. During this time I had to replace my blower motor resistor and flasher.

At 52K the car began quiting on me. Knowone could say for sure what the problem was. The computer even came up blank. The battery got replaced, the alternator got replaced (unnecessarily), then we replaced the fuel pump (the cause). I spend around $800 for the above.

At 58K my power windows began to 'act up'. A friend is a Pontiac mechanic and he warned me about the window motors. At first sign of trouble I figured it was time to start looking.

A few problems I can deal with, it happens. But the intake gasket pissed me off. Pontiac should have fessed up and took care of the problem. If they had I would have been a potential GTO owner.

mbakercad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:58 AM   #18
Zephry
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 20387
Join Date: Jun 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Austin, Texas
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mbakercad
I had few problems while under the 3yr/36K warranty.

At 39K I found out my intake gasket was leaking. It is a known problem, Pontiac has a new part, they also have a service bulletin. However a recall was not issued. It cost me around $600 to get it fixed. During this time I had to replace my blower motor resistor and flasher.

At 52K the car began quiting on me. Knowone could say for sure what the problem was. The computer even came up blank. The battery got replaced, the alternator got replaced (unnecessarily), then we replaced the fuel pump (the cause). I spend around $800 for the above.

At 58K my power windows began to 'act up'. A friend is a Pontiac mechanic and he warned me about the window motors. At first sign of trouble I figured it was time to start looking.

A few problems I can deal with, it happens. But the intake gasket pissed me off. Pontiac should have fessed up and took care of the problem. If they had I would have been a potential GTO owner.

I drove my '95 Grand AM for about 5 years. I was really hoping that I could at least go over 100,000 miles. It died around 95,000 miles. My dad also drives a Pontiac car. He is also having problems with it. Most likely he will purchase the Infiniti G35 sedan. That is a nice car.
Zephry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
long time listener....first time caller atasnailspace Newbies & FAQs 6 04-09-2008 01:51 AM
Long time listener, 1st time picture poster..... WRXURV8 Member's Car Gallery 11 11-04-2007 04:51 PM
long time listener, first time caller-computer question Anna Off-Topic 8 04-13-2006 08:25 PM
Long time reader, first time post. krizzo Normally Aspirated Powertrain 3 04-16-2005 12:36 PM
long time listener, first time caller. i need help asap metalnerd Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 22 03-25-2004 01:34 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.