Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > General Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-01-2000, 05:17 PM   #1
Arnie
Scooby Guru

Member#: 1725
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
99 Subaru Impreza
GF silver

Post London

By the way, make sure to pick up an international driver's license at AAA (for ca. $12). That way you can stop by a Subaru dealer and test drive a GT turbo at least! do a web search of Subaru dealers close to where you are staying and call to see what the invertory is like, maybe someone has a WRX or P1. But do yourself a favor and buy a copy of CAR magazine (UK mag). There are at least a dozen ads for car dealers that sell WRX's and EVO VI's. You could probably get a test drive there. Have fun and good luck.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 07-02-2000, 08:22 AM   #2
mccasksl
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1208
Interesting, I had less than successful (even w/ proper DL) experiences trying to get a test drive on trips in '96 and again '99. Once the British sales staff (Rover/MG/Mini, Subaru) learn you're from US on holiday (and not really likely to buy a car) they won't give you the time of day. Even leaving the typical American atittudes at home it was only after pleading w/ one such gentleman that he would open the hood of an RB5, no I couldn't sit in it let alone drive it. But hey I'm a car / bike fanatic and there is no place like England to drive / ride, see the cars, etc. etc. Can't wait till the GB WRC round in November for a return... Yes I'll visit the showrooms and try again. Cheers!!!
Old 07-02-2000, 11:52 AM   #3
Paul UK
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 893
easiest way to get a drive in an STi2 is to email me then buy me a drink

To get a test drive just call up the dealer beforehand and book a test drive (ones in the south east are probably more used to americans as there are lots working in London) combined with a b.s. story about working in IT and you should be sorted.

Old 07-03-2000, 05:41 AM   #4
mccasksl
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1208
Smile

Paul your on!!! ...two drinks two drives? ...three drinks... is that how it works? Any chance a scooby rental for a week plus during GB WRC round, even a plain jane Impreza? For the eclipse / MINI 40th birthday in Aug. 99 I wasn't able to find any one that rents 'em out... ended up with a Focus which was fun (yes I admit it)and provided fold down seats for the odd night out when B&Bs are full.