|10-04-2000, 06:53 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2000
help a college subie driver out
ok i need some interviews for my college english report....
basicly heres what the report is about...my town has a waste disposal plant, it smells horrible....im writing a essay on how bad it smells and some alternate solutions?
what im asking you all for is to answer these ?'s so that i can use them in my report....please pretend that you live in this town.....im suppost to get them from towns people but i was too busy getting my Stromung on.....i love it
if you would please answer these question and email them to me or post them....i would greatly appriciate it....
1) How would you describe the smell as you drive past the plant?
2) Would you take a alternate route to avoid the smell (even if it means a few more minutes on the road)?Why or Why not?
3) If you were visiting a town with a waste plant, and the smell was horrible would you stop at the town to site see or would you just keep driving? Why or Why not?
4) Would you consider going to that town again or would you find another way around?
5) Does this smell make you lose your appetite?
6) Do you think that if this problem is not solved, it will lead to the town shutting down because lack of population and business?
7? Would you move into a town that had a uncontrollable smell coming from a waste plant?
8) If you had the chance to move from this town would you without second thoughts (providing that you could get the same job elsewhere)? Why or Why not?
9) What do you think should be done about this problem?
again please be serious and answer these question as if you live in this town.....
i greatly appreciate all who participates....
[This message has been edited by the spacecowboy (edited October 04, 2000).]
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|10-04-2000, 08:35 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Ashburn, VaVehicle:
2003 Legacy L wagon
2009 Kawasaki C14
There is a waste disposal plant that I drove by on my way to on of the other local towns, so I can give you actual answers.
1. God awful.
2. Not sure on that one. The road that I took was really twisty and I want my car down here to take it on that road.
3. Nope, wouldn't want to after smelling.
4. I'll find another way around, even though the road is fun.
5. No, but I also eat and look at sick pictures at the same time.
6. Not if the people there are used to it.
8. I would definitely move without second thoughts. I value my health.
9. Blow it up Just make sure I'm not around when you do it.
|10-05-2000, 02:24 AM||#3|
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: W.P.B. FL
1.like a port-o-potty
2.yes, because the smell is very nauseating
3.if the plant was far from the town and you couldnt smell it then yes. if not then no
8.yes because the smell of a town shouldnt be a problem
9.find a way to stop the smell or relocate the plant
Boy, i guess i am officially bored
|10-06-2000, 04:07 PM||#5|
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Elkridge, MDVehicle:
2009 Nissan 370z
Sure I'll help.
1. The putrid odor that eminates from the plant smells of rotting garbage and fecal matter and gives me a gag reflex everytime I drive past the plant.
2. Asolutely, I already do take an alternate route that is about 5 miles out of the way, but I would not hesitate to drive twenty miles or more out of the way because I cannot stand the pungent odor from the plant.
3. Hell No. I would keep driving. I stopped at a McDonald's in Pohick, VA once (that is a real town - I kid you not). Ugh, I ate breakfast thinking, "This cannot be healthy." I felt nauseous for the rest of the day.
4. As far as I am concerned I will never visit that town again, unless it is under uncontrollable circumstances (i.e. I get a project there that is work related and the compensate me for it, or I am unfortunate enough to break down there (unlikely because I drive my trusty Subaru (knock on wood)).
5. I could be on the verge of death due to starvation and I would lose my appetite. No hunger pang is that great.
6. No, there will always be people that are willing to pay less and live with the smell.
7. Not if I could help it, I have a very sensitive sense of smell. I could not get used to the smell of excrement.
8. I would move without hesitation. I would gladly take on a second job if that was the difference between living near a waste disposal facility or away. In complex facilites like a waste disposal plant there are many margins for error. I would flip my gord if there were ever a spill near my house.
9. A total redesign/upgrade of the waste disposal plant, following the most stringent ASME, EPA, pollution, and other applicable standards. Or relocation of the plant to a distance that will be sufficent for proper diffusion of the odor without afeecting the general populous. Or, if people are willing to pay less (housing, taxes, etc.) they could do so with that understanding.
I may have gotten a little carried away (I tend to do that sometimes). Hopefully this helps, I deal with plant design (I am a Mechanical Engineer) and I have seen many different facilities. Feel free to edit accordingly and if you want me to elaborate let me know.
|10-06-2000, 04:16 PM||#6|
Join Date: Mar 2000
i'm an environmental consultant. i worked at a POTW here in San Jose. If you wanna know more about how that **** works, excuse the pun, PM me.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Fellow subie driver in need of help||JWDWRX||Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC||4||12-18-2009 03:10 PM|
|Help a Fellow Subie Owner Out||subaruwrx88011||Off-Topic||85||01-01-2009 02:53 AM|
|Please help a fellow Suby owner out!!!!||subaruwrx88011||Off-Topic||28||04-17-2007 11:20 AM|
|Anyone need a Cell Phone??? Take over my plan, help a college student out, please...||GreenMarine||South East Region Forum||0||08-08-2006 02:49 PM|
|orange county suby driver needs help....||kheovnien||Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC||3||08-19-2005 01:25 AM|