Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday June 24, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > General Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-29-2000, 08:19 AM   #1
Matt Monson
Scooby Guru

Member#: 832
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
99 2.5RS, '85 911
'73 914 and 2012 BRZ

Wink I got smoked by a Maxima SE...

Ha! Ha! made you look.
But that is what this guy I encountered last night is telling his freinds. I'll start by saying, I don't street race. I think it is silly and my previous history(rolled an Accord) suggests it can be dangerous.

Anyways, last night around 10 I'm coming home from dinner in the Sunset. For those who know SF, I'm rolling down Oak to get on the Bay Bridge to Berkeley. It is a four lane 25mph thoroughfare. I'm in the left lane cruising at 27-78(if you keep it under 30 you can hit every light green without having to hit the brakes).

This Mustang start to pull out of a driveway, so I hit it and change lanes(I also signal religously). In the process I flew past this 00 Maxima SE that had six college age guys in it. I get on the brakes a bit so I don't miss my green light and think nothing of it.

Half way through the next block this comes shooting over my shoulder at 60 or so. In the back seat these four guys are pointing at me and laughing. He then hits the brakes and comes to a full stop at the red. I just roll on through the light and never say the guy again.

I just don't get it? I drive hard. I will punch it on certain on ramps that are fun. But my ego is not dependent on smoking some fool on the street. I would much rather hit some country road WOT than wear out my clutch/tranny launching from stoplights. Am I weird, or did I just grow up?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2000, 08:40 AM   #2
frog
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1516
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza 2.5RS
Black

Its the growing up. Yesterday I was stopped at a light next to this crappy looking mustang and the guy yells over at me to get my attention then turns up his subs so I can't hear myself think. Idiots. After I left the light (making a left) he just turned everything back down. Worse thing is that when he turned up the subs, his front lights dimmed. Like I said, idiots.

Mike
Old 06-29-2000, 08:45 AM   #3
DriftingThru
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 594
Thumbs up

you would have still kicked his ass if the lights were all green!