Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-01-2003, 02:24 AM   #1
edubb11
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 23918
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 WRX (SOLD) :(
Sex? Yes, please.

Default Why do I feel like a counselor? (divorce)

Well, after not hearing from a good high school buddy of mine for the last few months, she gives me a call out of the blue this weekend. Last I talked to her, she seemed to be happy in her new marriage with her hubby.
The first time she calls, I don't get the call, and notice it on my celly. I figured I would call her later in the day... I wouldn't get a chance to as she calls me again within the hour. I answer the call this time, and we gets to talking. I figured she is calling to wish me a happy holiday, but I notice something different in her voice. I ask her what's new, and she seems reluctant to say anything, and prefers to just gossip a bit. She soon asks me what I am doing that night, and then I knew something was wrong. I ask about her hubby, and she informs me that she is finalizing a divorce with him this week, after 11 months with him.
Now I don't have a problem with hanging out with her, but why does it seem, to me, that whenever my female friends have these types of problems they always look to me? At first I was worried that she would want to do something (we did have a little attraction to eachother back in the day, but nothing ever became of it), but it turned out that she just needed to get out.
This isn't the first time this has happened, when my best friend broke up with his ex, she was on the phone with me day after day looking for console. In this situation she actually developed an attraction to me, which I could not allow because after all, she DID date my best friend for 5 years. Another good female friend of mine seemed to believe that I was perfect for letting off a little steam with, and would call me when her and her s/o of the time were going thru hardship.

My question is: Why me? I have a hard enough time trying to find myself a decent woman, but I seem to be a hell of a good counselor!

Cliffs Notes
- friend gets divorced, she calls me to hang out, after not speaking for approx. 5-6 months.
- previous to this, 2 other friends looked to me for console after: 1) losing my best friend as her boyfriend, and 2) experiencing hard times with then current boyfriend.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
edubb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 02:28 AM   #2
RainOnYourParade
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 46118

Well, you must be a good counselor. I hope they don't think you're gay, or anything...

...that would explain the lack of action. j/p

Don't know what to tell you man, maybe you just listen well?
RainOnYourParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 02:32 AM   #3
edubb11
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
Sex? Yes, please.

So... I just listen well, but I'm not a good enough guy to go on a date with? That is how I feel sometimes.
Quote:
Originally posted by RainOnYourParade
Well, you must be a good counselor. I hope they don't think you're gay, or anything...

...that would explain the lack of action. j/p

Don't know what to tell you man, maybe you just listen well?
So... I just listen well, but I'm not a good enough guy to go on a date with? That is how I feel sometimes. Also, I get more than enough action from my girl Pamela!
Old 12-01-2003, 02:34 AM   #4
ColinL
Scooby Guru

Member#: 114
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
'03 Evo, Rice White
'01 Erion CBR 929

would you consider yourself attractive? like, better than average looking? because sometimes women don't work all that differently than men.

if not, then you're just saying things that make them feel good. friends should do that as long as you're not propping up lies they're trying to spin.

but friends don't start boinking other friends exes. that's a bad idea. good way to crater your circle of friends --although them breaking up in itself will do that.
ColinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 02:41 AM   #5
edubb11
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
Sex? Yes, please.

Quote:
Originally posted by ColinL
would you consider yourself attractive? like, better than average looking? because sometimes women don't work all that differently than men.

if not, then you're just saying things that make them feel good. friends should do that as long as you're not propping up lies they're trying to spin.

but friends don't start boinking other friends exes. that's a bad idea. good way to crater your circle of friends --although them breaking up in itself will do that.
I would consider myself attractive, save the hair! Maybe it's that I'm lacking in confidence or just don't have an attractive personality? (I can be a bit shy at times) Maybe that explains why women sometimes like to ignore me... And I would NEVER get into an intimate relationship with my friends exes, as that just spells trouble.

But, I am probably the best damn listener this side of Orlando! Woohoo!

Heh.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:39 AM   #6
RainOnYourParade
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 46118

Well, maybe a little more confidence...I think we went over this in the "Damn, right now I wish I was married" thread...which I no longer know where it's at...but apparently girls go for ********, but always cry to the guy that they're supposed to be with. Go figure.
RainOnYourParade is offline   Reply With Quote