Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
jumbosushi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 152561
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2015 CWP WRX
white

Default Questions on Planning protune my stage 2

My 05 STI is in AP stage 2 now, I am thinking about going to protune.
my questions are:
Do I need to upgrade to the stock fuel pump?
Do I need to upgrade the catback or intake(I am running Catless DP & stock STI catback, K&N drop-in filter) ?
Will I get better or worser gas milage? (My STI is my daily driving car )
How much HP should I except after protune ?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jumbosushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
nhat
Scooby Guru

Member#: 140163
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
03 STi
hellaflunctional

some protunes will get you ~320whp from what i've been told. but in your instance, the sti catback will be a restriction. you'll most likely get better gas mileage since your ap ots map is rich for safety reasons.

you don't need to upgrade either your fuel pump or catback but it certainly won't hurt. an intake, depending on which model, could net you another ~10whp.
nhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #3
Defiant Autospeed
Vendor

Member#: 155450
Vehicle:
2007 FXT
WRB

Yeah you probably wont NEED to upgrade your fuel pump, but an 05 STI will push the injectors pretty well at stage 2, so its not a bad idea if you get a good deal on one (*ahem )
A catback and intake, provided you get a proper intake will most definately get you more power.

As for how much power you should expect, we cant tell you that. It all depends on the dyno. On some you should expect 250ishwhp. On others you will be in the 340whp range. On an average reading dyno, nhat is right, 310-320whp.

Gas milage will depend on your right foot. Your car will definately be CAPABLE of better than stock gas milage, but if you drive around enjoying your new found power, it can definately go down.

The best gas milage mod I have ever done was alcohol injection. You run SO MUCH less fuel when under boost that you pick up a good chunk of milage. I picked up 40+ miles per tank when I did it on my 05 STI.
The best part is your milage when you drive nice or beat the hell out of it, really doesnt change much if you run alch Of course there are also the big power gains from alch. Basically double what you gained from going to stage 2. Say you gained 35whp, you can gain another 35whp. Some have gained far more than that at stage 2. PDX tuned a stage 2 STI and picked up 70+wtq.
Defiant Autospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:54 PM   #4
crosstheworld
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 160478

yeah itll be much safer to upgrade to the walbro 255 fuel pump and obviously if you get a turbo back youll get more whp but its up to you.. you should be leaning around 300 wheel with those mods.. depending on who you choose to tune. good luck!
crosstheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #5
Unabomber
Big Ron

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

These are all examples of questions for your tuner.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote