Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
YouRock22
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 373897
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
07 Impreza
newport blue

Default 07 Impreza owner needs some guidance

Hello there, just wanted to introduce myself and ask a couple noobie questions.
My name is Yury, I live in AK, and and recently got a 2007 Impreza wagon, base model:

It only has 42,000 miles and I got a very sweet deal on it. It was also super clean and well maintained, so I was very happy when I found it. I used to drive a 96 Acura TL, but always wanted a Subaru, especially here in AK where you need that AWD. Anyway, I want to build a good recreational/outdoor/rugged type of Impreza, and I won't be doing any performance upgrades (well maybe something cheap and simple). I do a lot of outdoor activities: skiing, biking, camping...so far I got a set of crossbars to get started What would you guys advise to be good interior/exterior upgrades that would enhance comfort and durability?

Also, I've got a friend who is parting out a 07 Impreza sedan and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to get some parts from him that I may need in the future (currently everything on my car is pretty solid). So far I got an armrest extension from him for just $10
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
YouRock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:15 PM   #2
ben_says
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 399456
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza

Default likewise

I also just picked up a 2007 impreza. IL here, so its funny that I am also excited about the AWD. I bet you put us to shame. anyway, ready and waiting for those with more subaru insight to share it..
ben_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:59 AM   #3
DwrxTR
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 392252
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
07 WRX TR
WR Blue

Welcome, Im new here as well. As for the direction of where you want to go with on your Impreza, I would recommend all weather floor mats so any mess you track in can be easily cleaned. For exterior some fog/auxillary lights on a light bar can come in handy. Now for some performance, a K&N drop in filter. Good Luck!
DwrxTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:34 AM   #4
Loyale93
Newbie Moderator

Member#: 91347
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
'13 XV Crosstrek,
1050 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_says View Post
I also just picked up a 2007 impreza. IL here, so its funny that I am also excited about the AWD. I bet you put us to shame. anyway, ready and waiting for those with more subaru insight to share it..

Welcome to the forum. Always look at time stamps, as the OP posted this back in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwrxTR View Post
Welcome, Im new here as well. As for the direction of where you want to go with on your Impreza, I would recommend all weather floor mats so any mess you track in can be easily cleaned. For exterior some fog/auxillary lights on a light bar can come in handy. Now for some performance, a K&N drop in filter. Good Luck!

A filter is not a performance. Mod. Especially not on an Impreza. Just makes loud noises. You have a WRX, which may, maybe, might provide an extra 1hp.

Welcome to the forum to you as well.
Loyale93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:01 AM   #5
cmiovino
Scooby Guru

Member#: 134005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Premium
PSM

Welcome both of you.

I'd suggest some really good floormats (as indicated above), extra lighting, skid plates and diff protectors, and appropriate tires.

You may want to look into lift options... even if simple and slight. You can toss on Forester springs with little/no modification and get a 1" or so raise all around I believe. Should run you under $100. You'll be able to fit some larger tires under there, or just have more ground clearance.

After that, you may enjoy an graded exhaust for sound and enjoyment. Axleback or catback. Doing any more isn't going to increase power at all, so this would just be for sound.
cmiovino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
dark hawk
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 393025
Vehicle:
2009 wrx
93 Oct Stage I

Ya you might want to look at lift options if you are going for a rugged outdoor build. Also read this if you do end up buying it http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787
dark hawk is offline   Reply With Quote