Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-16-2003, 12:24 AM   #1
stimpy
Homicidal Maniac

Member#: 1612
Vehicle:
2008 STI

Default Legos, Plain and Simple

Man I love Subarus!

Finally started in on making sure I have all my wiring parts for my swap starting this week.

So I take my 2003 WRX fuel pump assembly, look at the connector, then grab my 1999 Forester fuel tank cord. *click* They go right together. "Oh cool", I think and reach for my 2003 WRX rear wiring harness. *click* In goes the Forester fuel tank cord into the WRX rear harness. So cool.

I just need to pull out my 50lb ball of wiring and find the rear harness connector and I'll have a mix-n-match wiring harness stretching from foglight to taillight.

-Jon
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 12:54 PM   #2
graff
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 858
Vehicle:
1999 sti V3 RA
Silver

look closely in the wiring diagram for that fuel pump connector issue. the connector is the same but i think the wire are not connected in the same position!
graff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 01:39 PM   #3
stimpy
Homicidal Maniac

Vehicle:
2008 STI

I will be checking continuity throughout. Pins and missing pins lined up properly, though. Up until the fuel pump controller junction there should be no difference simply because the only thing that has changed between WRX and late-model Subarus is the actual fuel pump itself.

I hope what you are saying is just like the issue with the 6-disc changers and older Subarus. Quite a few people stated that the polarity was reversed. It simply did not make sense that they would change something that is fundamentally identical. Upon further inspection, everything was perfect.

We shall see. All in all, the connectors were the biggest concern. I can deal with changing wires but having to buy misc connectors would not be fun at all.

-Jon
Old 12-20-2003, 02:14 AM   #4
stimpy
Homicidal Maniac

Vehicle:
2008 STI

Well, they all match up

Get this: the 99 Forester and the 2002 WRX share the exact same fuel tank cord. The rear wiring harnesses are different due to the addition of the fuel pump controller, but all the connections at the fuel tank cord go right together. It looks like I actually have a 2002 WRX BWH, but that is really irrelevant. The connection between the 2002 WRX BWH and the 2002 WRX RWH are both the exact same. If I had the 2002 BWH and the 2003 RWH then it would have been a problem. The 2003 has a revised fuel tank cord pin confuguration where most things have been moved around.

I have traced the wires all the way up to each pin at the ECU so I know the connections are all good.

-Jon