Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > General Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-19-2000, 06:47 PM   #1
ImprezaRS dot com
over boosted again

Member#: 1458
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2015 Forester 2.0 XT
2005 2.5 RS, 2013 Tribeca

Thumbs up www.ImprezaRS.com underwent major revision...

More updates, news, and links to come! I will be installing my Stromung with pictures of each step and feedback about my impresions with the week...

However, the search feature is disabled until we find a new webhost on Win NT that can use an MS Access database, or until we redo the database in mySQL.

Take a look and please give me you feedback, wespecially for the huge collection of links! Email me with any links you want added, the description, and owner.

Have fun,

Larry
www.ImprezaRS.com

PS: peter@imprezars.com took the 200+ links I send him and put together a great website. Let him know too. He will do the SQL conversion in about two months.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 05-19-2000, 06:57 PM   #2
Cecil
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1232
The "Links" at the header is empty. So where are your collection of links? Yeah, the search is not working yet, hehe. Anyway, it looks sweet .
Old 05-19-2000, 07:03 PM   #3
ImprezaRS dot com
over boosted again

Vehicle:
2015 Forester 2.0 XT

FIXED IT!

Turns out the web pages were all still looking for the old "linkengine.asp" which wont run on a linux server, so I have to redirect them the link.htm

I hope to get moved or get converted to mySQL soon.

I still have some work to do with categorizing the links, and adding more. I don't have them all cross indexed yet.

Larry

[This message has been edited by ImprezaRS dot com (edited May 19, 2000).]
Old 05-19-2000, 10:22 PM   #4
Faraz
What?...
Do they speak English in What?

Member#: 1459
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2008 WRX 5door MT
WR Blue

Thumbs up

Larry,
Great job with the website. Hopefully i'll be getting mine that nice sooner or later. Eta Tauri Impreza Reference .... Is Really Interesting!
Old 05-19-2000, 11:27 PM   #5
ImprezaRS dot com
over boosted again

Vehicle:
2015 Forester 2.0 XT

Eta Tauri web site was the first one I found when I was shopping for a scooby.

I'll have pix of me and my car soon, and some at the auto-x school and race in a week, at Pikes Peak International Raceway Parking lot.

Larry
Old 05-20-2000, 08:25 AM   #6
liquidice629
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1333
The logo in the top left corner looks too fuzzy, what happened to it? Other than that the site look spretty good

[This message has been edited by liquidice629 (edited May 20, 2000).]
Old 05-20-2000, 02:25 PM   #7
8Complex

Member#: 922
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
04 FXT
Red

*sigh* spam, spam, spam, Larry. I notice you completely ignored my comment that I privately sent over about your use of that nick. Oh well, guess we're just supposed to put up with all the spammers in the world now, right? Uh huh.......
Old 05-20-2000, 10:36 PM   #8
ImprezaRS dot com
over boosted again

Vehicle:
2015 Forester 2.0 XT

Thanks for the suggestions so far:

1) The AOL messenger link WAS moved to the contacts page, and when I get a new logo to fill the top of the page, I will probably replace the messenger with that. It is up front for now because of the link to the subie chat room. I will probably leave some kind of non-graphic link to the subie chat room on the home page, on the left with other new/hot links.

Look at the menubar at the top of the contacts page, and you'll see that without the AOL IM link inside the menu that it looks pretty bare and empty.

2) The current "fuzzy" logo was done for me for free, and would probably look better in a larger size. You don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I still like it, so there. :-)

3) I thought we have removed all the pages that don't fit the current theme and design of the other pages. The color scheme is now consistent, page to page.

4) The directNIC registration and search link is no more ugly that Alex's new HTML fragment for the iClub webring. :-)

5) re: "*sigh* spam, spam, spam, Larry. I notice you completely ignored my comment that I privately sent over about your use of that nick. Oh well, guess we're just supposed to put up with all the spammers in the world now, right? Uh huh......."

I'm sorry 8Complex, what are you trying to tell me?

[snip major unwarranted rant]

6) If your SPAM gripe is with the links to other companies, like the graphics I have to AOL IM and subie chat room, or to my web host offering a contest for free hosting, or the link to DirectNIC - I have to pay for the site somehow. I sent my $20 server donation money to Imprezer instead of using it on my site. Many people here still think Imprezer should offer selective advertizing to pay for the iClub site, meaning banners showing up here too.

Are you trying to say I "riced out" my site with logos and referals that don't make it better? I don't think so - I have three commercial links that people can use, a way to get a domain, get hosting, or get online with our subbie chat room (100 scooby AIM members and growing).

The large collection of links (which definitely needs improved categorization and cross indexing soon) is pretty comprehensive and makes up for it. Links is the primary purpose of the site, and it will be better when we get converted to a mySQL database with full search capability of the database in a couple of months.

I think the site looks very professional. I will continue to look for ways to improve the site, with news articles and links, etc. Eventually I will get a bigger web space and put up video files as well..

Larry

[This message has been edited by ImprezaRS dot com (edited May 20, 2000).]
Old 05-20-2000, 10:59 PM   #9
8Complex

Member#: 922
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
04 FXT
Red

Larry, your Private Messages box on this forum man! On the main forum listing page all the way toward the bottom (BTW, that should be moved up Mr. Imprezidents! I like it and use it a lot! ) there is a link for it.

If you don't find my message in there basically I just said that it's ridiculous you are using that 'Nick' on this board because everytime you post, you spam your web address. I can put up with the signature on every post, but come on... If they aren't interested in your site, it's not a big deal! Hell I've got several sites and I'm even the webmaster of the MidWest Subaru club's picture archive site, as well as soon becoming webmaster of the main site.

I'm just saying, if people don't care to know, things shouldn't be forced upon them. Personally (and I apologize if you think that this is driving my entire post and all), I am offended when things are pressed upon me in this manner.

I'm sorry for having posted this here and not made sure it got to you in person, but if after you read this you want me to remove it from the thread, just say the word and it is gone.
Old 05-20-2000, 11:16 PM   #10
ImprezaRS dot com
over boosted again

Vehicle:
2015 Forester 2.0 XT

I understand, not "Nick" as in Nick Cat, but as in Nick name. I am having a paranoia attack lately, not just this once, but a lot lately. Hmmm.

I didn't plan to do get a "spam" nickname. I posted this somewhere else, but I'll pass it along here. Last weekend I went and changed my email address for "larryganz", and they always change your password and send it to your new email when you do that.

Except for this time. They didn't send me my password and I couldn't post, so I had to sign up for a new nickname and decided to keep it.

See this:
---------

Subj: RE: I changed my email address, but haven't been sent my new password and cannot log in
Date: 5/14/00 5:59:25 PM Mountain Daylight Time
To: Impreza2000RS@aol.com (Larry)

Tyr again now. The mail sending feature was disabled. Sorry.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2000 6:42 PM
To: imprezer@home.com
Subject: FW: I changed my email address, but haven't been sent my new
password and cannot log in

The problem was that he still didn't send me the password, so I couldn't try again. I had to keep "ImprezaRS dot com" or get a third nickname.

And, now that I cannot access "larryganz", I cannot read the private mailbox. I have never tried that feature yet.

Larry
(no web site link here)
Old 05-21-2000, 01:09 AM   #11
griffin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1387
Vehicle:
. 2007 STI Black
2001 S2000 Black

Some friendly advice.

You need to pick one color scheme and stick with it.

Probably move the aol messenger to a contacts page, and put some sort of logo up there.

The DirectNic banner is pretty much ugly also, I know you can make money with it, but its pretty ugly.