Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 13, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-27-2004, 03:00 PM   #1
DAB_WRX02
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 53690
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sport Wagon
WR Blue

Default 18" P1's on a WRX Wagon?

I have an '02 WRX Wagon that I will be ordering 18" Prodrive P1's for. The tires will be 225/40's. I will be running the stock suspension set up... anyone have this set up or know of any rubbing issues with this particular wheel/tire combination? Aslo any opinions on Gold P1's with BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2's?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by DAB_WRX02; 01-27-2004 at 07:27 PM.
DAB_WRX02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 08:28 PM   #2
ripvw
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 27790
Chapter/Region: E. Canada

You should not have any rubbing issues with that choice since the ET53 offset will position the wheels well away from the fender. In fact, Prodrive designed their lowering springs to allow you to use the 18" P1's or PFF7 wheels on a wagon without rubbing. The springs were specifically tuned for the 18" P1's and Pirelli tires - so you could choose to add Prodrive springs in the future if you like.

If you like the way they look, the Prodrive PFF7 wheels have the benefit of being wider - 18x8 - for better dry cornering performance - as well as being about 3 lbs. lighter per wheel than the 18" P1.

Of course they're also more money.

The KDW 2's tested very well on TR's website - a very sticky ultra performance tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...ake=BFGoodrich

2 other tires to think about would be the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 (probably better in the wet) and the Pirelli Pzero-Nero (probably better in the dry and the tires Prodrive used for their suspension tuning).
ripvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:26 PM   #3
DAB_WRX02
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 53690
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sport Wagon
WR Blue

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I have the Eagle F-1 GS-D3's on my stock wheels right now. I've only had them for about 2000 miles, but I'm very happy with them so far. The traction in the wet is incredible. Dry traction is also very good, with just a little tread noise and squirm under hard cornering and braking. I will be driving a lot in the rain living in FL, so the wet traction is important to me. Also I wanted to try out the BF Goodrich cause I've heard good things about them... and they have an awesome looking tread pattern.
DAB_WRX02 is offline   Reply With Quote