Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-13-2004, 01:50 AM   #1
jharl
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 29379
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
99 Outback Wagon
Red

Default wiring help with piaa 510's

I have a set of piaa 510 driving lights and need help figuring out how to wire them. I'd like to have the lights wired similar to how the fogs are, so that they turn on and off with the headlights high beams and also have a switch to turn them off even when highbeams are activated.

I have an extra factory fog light switch that I want to use instead of the supplied piaa switch if possible. I have a wiring diagram of the foglight switch to help, but can't really understand how I'd hook up those 5 wires of the factory switch to the piaa harness. Also how will I get a switched positive from the high beams to the light switch, since subaru uses switched grounds? Am I going to have to just cut up the piaa harness and get a different relay to even make this possible? I hope someone can make sense of my questions. Thanks. This is going in a '99 outback.
Jason
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 10:35 AM   #2
ATX25RS
Scooby Guru

Member#: 4597
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2011 Mitsu Outlander
Sport (Ex-Suby owner X3)

i could see how to do it with the piaa switch the stock one may be a bit off....if you use the piaa one all you do is splice in the piaa switch wire into the high beam wire. if the switch is active, whenever you arm the high beams, the lights will come one. yet you can still use the switch to shut the 510's off...
ATX25RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 08:41 PM   #3
jharl
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
99 Outback Wagon
Red

I thought the way the headlights were wired was one constant positive, and then 2 wires that were each a switched ground for high beam and low beam, or am I wrong? Maybe I'll just tap into that wire and just do a test run and see if it works.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:45 PM   #4
jharl
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
99 Outback Wagon
Red

Never mind, I figured out how to wire it up using a factory switch, if anyone needs help doing the same thing let me know.
Jason