Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > General Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-01-2000, 09:33 AM   #1
yakker
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1330
Question Wagon roof rails on an RS?

Hey guys,

I was checking under the rubber roof strip
the other day and noticed that there are two tabs mounted in the gutter of the roof (two on each side). I'm assuming these are the tabs in which the wagon roof rails mount to. I'd like to mount the wagon rails on my RS to put a full rack on it. Has anyone ever done this?

I'd appreciate any info as my Saris rack pulled the frame away from the rear side windows and now I have to come up with another solution. I'd rather not go the short-roofline-adaptor route.

Thanks
Bob
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 06-01-2000, 03:17 PM   #2
Silver2000RS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 857
Instead of a roof rack, I'm planning to install a 2 bicycle rack that inserts into a trailer hitch receiver. That way I don't have to worry about dropping the bike on the roof & I'm still able to access the trunk with the bikes loaded.

I got the Rhoad Gear rack from Performance Bicycle for $70 or $80 bucks & plan to buy the Draw-Tite hitch for around $100.

The hitch used the existing tie-down bolts & bosses so no drilling is required. The only problem is that the hitch will add about 20-30 pounds to the back of the car.
Old 06-02-2000, 09:34 AM   #3
minix42@
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 548
Vehicle:
'98 Impreza RS
dinged up faded black

Some of us were talking about this very same topic not too long ago. It seems that the Japanese models have the roof rack as an option. I for one would like to find a way to get a group buy on some of these, but I don't know how to go about finding some way of getting them.

I'm not sure about the wagon rack, but I would assume that it would be too long. Maybe you could chop out the center? it's definatly something to check out. just make sure you fill the rest of us in if you find anything out.

mike