Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday September 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-02-2004, 03:18 AM   #1
22 Lou
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 830
Vehicle:
1996 OBSTI hybrid
inconspicuous....heehee

Question Can anyone tell me the scheduled maintenance on my non-traditional subbie?

i know "do a search", but i did under scheduled maintenance and i only got 3 threads. i couldn't find much, and I even went to my.subaru but i had a bunch of pin issues...

so please if anyone could help me it would be appreciated.

I still have my manual from my 1996 OBS, but i've had an sti ver V drivetrane put in by rallispec and i dont know how applicable it is to my wagon now. i've just been changing the oil every 2500-3K miles, but recently my mechanic asked me when was the last time i changed my fuel filter, i was alittle ashamed b/c the answer was never. ever since the conversion(7/14/01) all i've ever done was change the oil. so since my mileage is approaching prolly ~40K and i'm sure there a few things i've already neglected.

If the scheduled maintenance is the same for all WRXs if someone could please post theres it would be very helpful, if its different for an STI could someone post that? If its the same for all imprezas then lemme know as i'm all set with my manual then.

thanx in advance to all!

-Lou
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
22 Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 06:11 PM   #2
redobs
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 1501
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2009 WRX wagon
Dark grey

Most things should be the same. (fuel filter, PCV valve, etc.)

I'm not sure about the timing belt, though.

BTW, Keith says you have the best chicken and rice in town.
redobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:10 PM   #3
22 Lou
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 830
Vehicle:
1996 OBSTI hybrid
inconspicuous....heehee

Talking thanx for the awsome props!

wow i haven't talked to keith, garrick and the queens crew in quite some time! i'm all the way up here in eastern siberia (Maine) so i haven't been around, and not much on the boards either, but its true, Casa Luis is the place to get some serious spanish eating on!

thanx for the info, i dunno at all what is different or the same, but i assume the minor stuff is the same (fuel filter, belts, etc) but i have no idea whether i'm right or not.
Also, i dont know what (if any) maintenece there is to the turbo, intercooler, ect. you kow all the stuff i never had on my earlier incarnation of my OBS.

again thanx in advance to any and all who help....

-Lou

PS: my girlfriend who was reading over my shoulder freaked out when she saw a dancing banana
22 Lou is offline   Reply With Quote