Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Pre-2002 Factory Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-08-2004, 08:36 PM   #1
meshwork
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 56853
Default Looking at XT Turbo...need tips

Hello all, MPREZYA sent me over here from my Galant VR4 board.

There is a XT Turbo 4*4 for sale in my apartment complex, 113,000 miles, black, checkerboard seats, sunroof, looks like it has all the goodies.

The guy only wants $50 for it. He says that he was driving it for a little while and it would smoke, then one day a gigantic puff of smoke and the clutch pedal stuck to the floor.

The top of the engine looks clean, the underside has tons of oil all over it. It has a new exhaust, he says the electronic suspension still works.

I am not familiar with this type of engine at all, but by looking at it it seems like the clutch would be easy to access, but how easy is it to do the seals in this engine? I was thinking it might be a headgasket.

Any one have any ideas on what could be the problem? He says it was super-reliable up until it broke down, and routinely got 300 miles to a tank.

Thanks in advance!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
meshwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:32 AM   #2
ciper
Scooby Guru

Member#: 15543
Vehicle:
90BJ Legacy LS ABS
AWD 946 Rio Red Jpn built

ciper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 02:39 AM   #3
Falenseraf
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 58127
Vehicle:
1986 XT turbo
Black

Humm unsalvagable part it out to me for my XT turbo. no seriously 50$ is a steal for that car if there is no rust and the paint is in ok shape.
Falenseraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:07 AM   #4
ciper
Scooby Guru

Member#: 15543
Vehicle:
90BJ Legacy LS ABS
AWD 946 Rio Red Jpn built

He could sell one of the working air struts and make a profit on the entire car
ciper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:26 AM   #5
meshwork
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 56853

Quote:
Originally posted by Falenseraf
Humm unsalvagable part it out to me for my XT turbo. no seriously 50$ is a steal for that car if there is no rust and the paint is in ok shape.
Where are you located? The car is still here, I don't have the time to fix it up. I am right by Philly if you are nearby, I think by this point the guy might just give it away.
meshwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 06:09 PM   #6
Falenseraf
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 58127
Vehicle:
1986 XT turbo
Black

No I am way down in texas so not very likely I could pick it up. Thanks for the offer though makes me wish I lived up north even more. Hardly anyone has scoobies down here and even less of the old ones. Maybe pay for the shipping to get it down here. It would only be like 500$ but I'm not sure if it is worth it. Ahwell I want a tranny front an XT6 anyways so I can get the higher gears and a rear limited slip to go with it. Thank you again.
Falenseraf is offline   Reply With Quote