|05-26-2000, 02:48 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2000
Lancer EVO VI and 2 Prodrive Group N Impreza's debut at STPR!!!
For immediate release 26 May 2000
SCCA ProRally Championship - Susquehannock Trail
Fourth round (of nine) for the 2000 season. An 80 car field of SCCA and FIA Performance Rally cars from across North America will compete on the fast and smooth dirt and gravel roads near the famous 'Grand Canyon of the East" in north central Pennsylvania. This event is sanctioned by the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA).
When & Where:
June 3, 2000; Wellsboro, PA; approximately 55 miles (90 kilometers) north of Williamsport PA, 45 miles (75 kilometers) southwest of Elmira, NY.
Headquarters Hotel - Saturday Press Room;
Event and Media registration (Saturday Morning):
Penn-Wells Hotel, 62 Main St, Wellsboro, PA 16901
Press registration and operations will be in the "Green Room" with on-street access at the front of the hotel. Look for SCCA ProRally banner over door.
Event and Media registration (Friday):
St. Paul's Episcopal Church - On the Green, Wellsboro, PA 16901
Schedule: (subject to change)
Friday, June 02, 2000
10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Media registration at St Paul's Episcopal Church. (Parish Hall)
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Media registration at Penn-Wells Hotel
1:00 - 5:00; 6:00 - 9:00 PM Scrutineering at the Fairgrounds, Rt 6, east of Wellsboro
3:00 PM - 6:00 PM Practice Stage - media allowed, see details below
9:00 PM - 11:00 PM Welcome Party - Fireman's Annex, Main Street.*
* all entrants are required to attend. Recommended time for media interviews.
Saturday, June 03, 2000
8:00 AM Press Room open, Late Press Registration - Penn-Wells Hotel
8:50 AM - 10:30 AM Parc Expose - on the Green - Main Street
10:00 AM - 12:00 noon Press Room closed
10:31 AM sharp Official Start of Leg 1 Susquehannock Trail ProRally
3:10 PM - 4:30 PM Parc Expose - on the Green - Main Street
4:31 PM sharp Official Start Leg 2 Susquehannock Trail ProRally
Sunday, June 04, 2000
1:00 AM (approx) First car finishes Susquehannock Trail ProRally at Fireman's Annex
1:20 AM Post event party - Fireman's Annex, Main Street
4:00 AM (approx) Press Room closed
8:00 AM Provisional results posted - Arcadia Theatre Lobby
8:45 AM Awards and prize giving - Arcadia Theatre
Friday Practice Stage Details
An informal opportunity for members of the working press to meet with the stars of SCCA ProRally. Excellent photo opportunity. A press caravan will depart from the Penn-Wells Hotel at 2:30 PM Sharp for the press stage location. All attending Press must be Credentialed prior to leaving for the stage. Please understand that this is not a closed "press" stage, but rather a working practice stage for the entrants. Rides for the press are not guaranteed, and will be handled purely on a request basis with drivers that have completed testing.
Selected entries (driver/co-driver):
· 1999 Production Drivers Champion, and overall 2000 Rim of the World winner Karl Scheible, with Russ Hughes, 1998 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V.
· 1999 Overall Manufacturer, Driver & Co-Driver Champions Noel Lawler & Charles Bradley; Open Class 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
· Sno*Drift & OregonTrail overall winners Paul Choinere & Jeff Becker; 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
· Canadian Performance Rally stars Frank and Dan Sprongl, 1992 Audi quattro
· SCCA World Challenge and CART Super Touring road racing star Peter Cunningham with Jim Gill, 1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI
· 1999 Rim of the World overall winners Garen & Doc Shrader; 1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV
· European and Japanese road racing star and Oregon Trail sensation Erik Comas with Julian Masters, 1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV
· 1998 Group 5 Driver Champion Ralph Kosmides with Ken Cassidy; 1996 Toyota Supra turbo
Additional news interest:
· The Manufacturers Championship is running wide open, with the upset overall victory of Karl Scheible's Group N Mitsubishi Lancer V at Rim of the World over the heavily favored Hyundai Tiburons. Adding to the overall battle are the debut of two ex-ProDrive Group N Subaru Impreza WRX-STis, one piloted by 1999 Group 5 Champion Henry Krolikowski. Eight Mitsubishi Lancer Evos are entered in this event, the largest collection of these vehicles in competition ever in North America.
· Heavy spring rains have swollen creeks in the area, which may make the event's famous water crossing particularly treacherous this year. The wet spring may also make this the first STPR in several years where dust isn't a strategic factor - adding to the excitement at the front of the pack.
· While the STPR event is geologically different in every way from last month's Rim of the World, with fast, smooth and well groomed roads, the event does, non-the-less, also have a history of high attrition. With the Manufacturers and Drivers overall points situation closer than ever, expect absolutely flat-out driving throughout this entire event.
This rally is a full points SCCA ProRally Championship event. Drivers earn points towards the national championship, and supporting manufacturers (Hyundai, Toyota, Subaru and Mitsubishi) earn points towards overall and class MFG Championships.
Event Press/Photo credentials will be available at registration on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Access to press-only photo areas will require a press pass. Credentials are available only to members of the working press. Identification required.
Visuals, Interviews & Media information:
During the event, action photography and video will be possible from spectator and press-only viewing areas set up along the rally course. Drivers, co-drivers and crew will be accessible throughout the event, including the practice stage, the Friday evening welcome party, and the Saturday morning Parc Expose. Media relations will be able to provide driver and co-driver interviews, event results and other information via telephone and Email. The press room phone number will be available on event day.
Contact: Kurt Spitzner - SCCA Pro Rally Championship Marketing and Media Manager
Pre-event: 303.779.6622; 303.694-3654 Fax (USA Country Code: 1)
direct inquiry Email: email@example.com
Time zone at event: Eastern Daylight Time (GMT - 5 hours)
SCCA ProRally: http://www.sccaprorally.org/
SCCA Susquehannock Trail ProRally: http://www.stpr.org
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|05-26-2000, 03:20 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Central PAVehicle:
2006 GT Ltd 5spd sdn
2015 WRX 6spd CWP
Much thanks for the info Curtis. Finally some WRXs at STPR!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2010 Mazda CX-9 and CX-7 Facelift making their debut at New York||AVANTI R5||Non-Subaru News & Rumors||6||03-23-2009 01:33 PM|
|Project Lancer Evo VI Replica||UnderAgeEnthusiast||Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC||57||09-27-2001 10:08 PM|
|New SCC May issue- 600hp Bozz Speed Lancer Evo VI! (pic inside)||Subie Gal||General Forum Archive||3||03-30-2001 01:40 AM|
|very nice EVO VI and movie of it racing a WRX||SubieRacer||General Forum Archive||21||02-01-2001 01:57 AM|
|Wanna buy a Lancer EVO VI?||MikeA||General Forum Archive||19||12-23-2000 01:36 AM|