Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday September 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-19-2004, 04:59 AM   #1
Phase315
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 57655
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Impreza
Blue

Default 2004 Hid Help Needed

Hey everyone, my name is Da and im new to this forum. just got my 04 WRX sedan about a month ago. havent done too many mods to the car yet, but i do have a blitz BOV.

Well i just ordered a set of HIDs online and got them a few days ago...i did some research on what bulbs the 04 uses and found out they were H1. So my friend and i went on and placed the order, but the lady taking our order told us that the 04 uses 9007 bulbs, which i found out to be wrong tonight when we tried to install it.

My question is about the installation of the kit. where did you guys put the brain and ignitor? did you guys bolt them on somewhere or just used double sided tape?

If any of you guys have pictures or can link me to a thread showing the installation, i would really appreciate it.

thanks in advance,

Da
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Phase315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:23 AM   #2
Hank3
Scooby Guru

Member#: 16157
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
'03 Mazda P5 <><
'02 WRX & '08 MS3 SOLD!!!

With my setup, I placed double sided tape (the heavy duty kind from 3M that has red backing on it) on the backside of the ballast on the driver's side down between the area between the battery and headlight. You see a little flat area down there. Mine has been there over a year now and all is good. On the passenger I stuck the ballast vertically between the headlight and the metal box (sorry I don't know what that is - mind is going blank at the moment). I didn't use tape on this side as it'll stay up on its own. I'm sure there are better places, but they have worked perfectly fine for me. Now it also depends how big your ballasts are. Some are bigger than others. Mine are Philips ballasts if that means anything...

I've taken some pics for you to see - let me know your email and I can send them your way
Hank3 is offline   Reply With Quote