|03-23-2004, 09:01 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Northern, CTVehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
How to remove the amber corner lens on the SG Forester
How to clear out the amber corner lenses in the SG Forester Headlights.
Rachet (Wrenches will not reach)
Flat Tipped Screwdriver
Phillips Head Screwdriver
¼” Drill Bit
Mechanics Gloves / Heat Resistant Gloves
1. Open up the hood and remove the grille. The grille is held on by 6 pressure clips, 4 on top and 2 underneath. Use a thin flat tipped screwdriver or an awl to push in the clips and pull the grille off.
2. Next remove the panel pieces on the sides / under the headlights. Remove the two-piece studs on top of the panel pieces, then slide the pieces away from the car and off their clips.
3. Unplug the headlight harness, rubber surround and put the light bulb aside, making sure not to touch the lens.
4. Remove the (4) 10mm bolts holding the headlight on. One is located close to the fender wall, on top of the light. The other 3 are on the front of the headlight, near the center of the car.
5. Pull the headlight forward and give a quick gentle tug to remove it from the pressure clip located on the inside of the fender wall.
6. Remove the Parking light, corner light and harnesses from the headlight.
7. Now that the light is free, place it face down on a soft surface to avoid scratching. Using a drill or drill press, drill out the specialty screws holding the assembly together. there are several on the top and bottom and one on the inside corner.
8. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees, remove all but the bottom shelf of the oven, place a sheet of aluminum foil on the shelf and place the headlight LENS UP in the oven.
9. After 5 minutes take the light out of the oven, holding it with some Mechanics Gloves or heat resistant gloves, Oven mitts will not cut it here.
10. Using a flat tipped screwdriver, pry the clips apart on the top and bottom the the headlight, then gently pull it apart.
11. Holding the lens assembly, remove the 3 screws holding it together with a Phillips head screwdriver
12. Using a pair of pliers, grab the sides of the amber lens and gently lift slowly, working your way around all sides. With a little coaxing and chipping of the amber piece, it should pop right out.
13. Make sure to clean out any amber chips and sand off any remaining amber pieces.
14. Place the base of the headlight in the oven again for 3 minutes, reassemble the lens, take the base out of the oven and squeeze the two pieces back together.
15. Allow a few minutes from the assembly to cool before you put the headlights back on the car.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to Remove Turbo Oil Drain Tube on Head?||SEEC||Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)||8||01-01-2016 08:12 AM|
|How to get rid of minor scratches on the gauge cluster lens??||s73||Interior & Exterior Modification||5||12-16-2006 01:20 PM|
|Anyone know how to remove shift knob from boot on 05 WRX?||maxpower_454||Interior & Exterior Modification||4||11-16-2005 02:54 PM|
|Ne1 know how to keep jdm amber side markrs on LIT AT ALL TIMES???||QWIKTRBOAWD||Interior & Exterior Modification||11||07-13-2005 01:13 AM|
|how to keep a wrx which park on the street?||subarky||General Community||14||11-24-2002 10:44 PM|