|03-29-2004, 01:12 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Richmond Heights,MOVehicle:
2000 RS/WRX swap
couple of generic turbo rs questions
I am in the process of allocating parts to turbo my '00 rs. I was looking in the engine bay today and a couple of questions came to mind:
1) Am i going to have to get rid of my cruise control? It looks like its very much in the way of where my turbo will be.
2) What is to be done with the AC line that runs behind the intercooler( i plan to use the stock wrx top mount one)? It looks like it will be in the way.
3) i looked at the front crossmember and i see the need for the legacy-t or wrx one ( i have a wrx turbo manifold.) In an effort to do the project in as many little steps before the real deal, is it wise to get the right crossmember and replace it ahead of time? Or do problems arise with stock parts having clearance once i swap in the new crossmember?
4) The power steering lines run through the cross member so i'm assuming i have to undue the lines somewhere, where the best place to disattach them so i can pull them through?
5) Do i need a new front sway bar with the turbo crossmember?
6) Imagining the large amounts of heat that are going to be concentrated in the space occupied by the turbo, what measures are taken to protect the wiring and such that is in close proximity.
I know i asked a lot here, but I think these are questions common to all setups and i was having a hard time searching for the answers. Thanks in advance!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|03-29-2004, 05:45 AM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2000
1) no, you can relocate to the front passenger fender.
2) hmm, I believe it fits if you remove that center bracket and push the line down some? not sure...
3) you do the xmember swap right as you're doing the turbo, you cant do it before because the exhaust manifold (RS style) and the stock water pump dont clear the turbo xmember
4) yah they come undone right behind the passenger side head
6)moving them as much as possible, heat shield wrap is a good idea too if you can get some...
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|A couple of auto-x tire questions...||stayfido||Tire & Wheel||8||05-23-2003 04:35 AM|
|A couple of STi Headlight adjustment questions||Edvig||Interior & Exterior Modification||19||01-13-2003 07:01 AM|
|Couple of UTEC impressions and questions||roybfr||Engine Management & Tuning||14||11-11-2002 07:01 PM|
|Couple of stupid newbie wiring questions.....||GooseMan||Car Audio, Video & Security||10||01-04-2002 08:43 PM|
|A couple of Quick Minnam install questions...||Scooby South||Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)||5||05-02-2001 04:34 PM|