Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > General Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-05-2000, 11:20 PM   #1
jhuang76
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1284
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
Royal Blue Pearl

Question K40 detectors

Ok. I've noticed in a previous post that everyone loves the V1, but has anyone used a K40 "Sonaradar"/"undetectable" or the front license plate mounted laser jammer ("DefuserPlus")?

It uses 2 externally mounted detectors for maximum sensitivity. It is a radar only system (I think laser option is available).

Also, has anyone tried out/heard about the Laser detector and jammer? It has a infrared emitter (perfectly legal) which just happens to coincide with police laser (or so they claim) and detector that is embedded in a front license plate (which they claim is a usually targetted by cops).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Joe
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 05-06-2000, 12:11 AM   #2
pilotdoc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 899
Chapter/Region: VIC
Exclamation

I tried a laser jammer. Worked like a charm, but it also got me into trouble in this small town. Even though I wasn't speeding, the cops were pretty pissed off and I paid for it. They can tell when they're jammed. Use with caution.
Old 05-07-2000, 06:56 AM   #3
uktena
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1267
It sounds like LIDAR is a real problem in you area. I know it looks goofy; but leaving you headlights on has been proven to seriuosly reduce the effective range of LIDAR. What we really need is LASER locking missles.