Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday November 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 11:05 PM   #101
sheepdog
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 93773
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boulder, CO
Vehicle:
1995 Flat Khaki GC8
2011 STi Wagon

Default

That image is on your computer. Host it on imageshack or something then put that link inside the image tags.

www.imageshack.us

btw I did the v5 conversion on my 93 with an 05 swap and it all bolted right up. Bought the whole kit from www.get-primitive.com
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #102
alexey2001
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 122478
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default turn signals

I was browing the web and I think I found what I need,
this is the Model number for the turn signals that should fit CGC01B-CWL.
the problem is that they cost over $100 - damn it, pricy.
alexey2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:18 PM   #103
alexey2001
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 122478
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

ignor this one, just trying to get my 5 postings so I can post a link
alexey2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #104
alexey2001
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 122478
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

.... ignor this one, just trying to get my 5 postings so I can post a link
alexey2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #105
alexey2001
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 122478
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default



I hope this will show up.


here is the link for the blinkers
http://ravspeconline.com/ecommerce/p...roducts_id=868

if any one knows where I can get these for a bit less then $120, I would appreciate.
Thank you
alexey2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:06 AM   #106
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2272
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: haha XD
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru 599 :P
Galaxy Blue Sexy

Default

LET IT BE KNOWN

Modifying a L bumper beam to fit on a V4 bumper skin is NOT I repeat NOT an easy task!!!


Unless you have a plasma cutter, or one of those giant power cutting wheels, these bitches are a pain in the ass to modify properly!

Yes, I just spent what, 3 or 4 hours cutting and hammering to get that sucker appart...

OMG I should have bought a JDM bumper beam instead, and so should you if you are planning on doing this.

I should take a photo of my hands too, all chewed up like I was in a fight...


At least everything else on this install is going relativly easy...
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:12 PM   #107
Subaruski
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 39905
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portlandia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
LET IT BE KNOWN

Modifying a L bumper beam to fit on a V4 bumper skin is NOT I repeat NOT an easy task!!!


Unless you have a plasma cutter, or one of those giant power cutting wheels, these bitches are a pain in the ass to modify properly!

Yes, I just spent what, 3 or 4 hours cutting and hammering to get that sucker appart...

OMG I should have bought a JDM bumper beam instead, and so should you if you are planning on doing this.

I should take a photo of my hands too, all chewed up like I was in a fight...


At least everything else on this install is going relativly easy...

I suck at stuff like this and all it took me was a dremel and a sawza and about 2 hours. It does suck because its tedious.
Subaruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:23 PM   #108
sheepdog
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 93773
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boulder, CO
Vehicle:
1995 Flat Khaki GC8
2011 STi Wagon

Default

My 93-01 conversion went easy as pie. I got the full kit from Primitive racing (www.get-primitive.com), and it came with the jdm bumper beam.
sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:55 PM   #109
97 Pimpreza
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 123693
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: charlton, ma
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
Red

Default

Will an 04 sti front bumper fit on my 97 L? i am buying an 04 WRX STI from a junkyard for $700. the rear end is totalled but the interior front end, engine tranny and all thet stuff is fine. which means I will have the bumper beam. considering all this will it be a bolt in affair?

Last edited by 97 Pimpreza; 09-21-2006 at 12:26 AM.
97 Pimpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:12 PM   #110
Local_Skater
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 117454
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Winchester, VA
Vehicle:
2005 Forester XT
PSM PDX Stg II

Default

$700?!!!! Are you sure you arn't missing a 0?
Local_Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:28 PM   #111
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2272
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: haha XD
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru 599 :P
Galaxy Blue Sexy

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 Pimpreza View Post
Will an 04 sti front bumper fit on my 97 L? i am buying an 04 WRX STI from a junkyard for $700. the rear end is totalled but the interior front end, engine tranny and all thet stuff is fine. which means I will have the bumper beam. considering all this will it be a bolt in affair?
ZERO body panels are compatible between an 02+ Impreza and a 93-01 Impreza...

And ya, wtf with the $700 STI!?
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:07 PM   #112
97 Pimpreza
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 123693
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: charlton, ma
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
Red

Default

no......its $700. it got rear ended by a dump truck.
97 Pimpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #113
Subaruski
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 39905
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portlandia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 Pimpreza View Post
no......its $700. it got rear ended by a dump truck.
Damn i wish i could find a deal like that. So are you swaping out the whole drive train or is the rear diff and all that damaged?
Subaruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #114
97 Pimpreza
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 123693
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: charlton, ma
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
Red

Default

ummmmm....I don't know i think i might just swap my tranny to a manual (my 97 and the 04 sti are both automatics) Im prolly gonna sell the engine which has only 50k and turbo my 2.2 and do all the normal power building crap.
97 Pimpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:45 PM   #115
AaronB
Worst Mod Ever
Moderator
 
Member#: 369
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
12 Vagon

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 Pimpreza View Post
ummmmm....I don't know i think i might just swap my tranny to a manual (my 97 and the 04 sti are both automatics) Im prolly gonna sell the engine which has only 50k and turbo my 2.2 and do all the normal power building crap.
FYI, any USDM STi 04-07 is a 6-speed manual transmission only...

If it is an automatic it is likey a WRX or RS model rather than STi.
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:42 PM   #116
97 Pimpreza
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 123693
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: charlton, ma
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
Red

Default

well i know its an automatic and i think the tranny i have now is dying. how would it swap over (just the tranny)? would it be easy?
97 Pimpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:54 PM   #117
sheepdog
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 93773
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boulder, CO
Vehicle:
1995 Flat Khaki GC8
2011 STi Wagon

Default

if it's an auto its not an STi
sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #118
97 Pimpreza
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 123693
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: charlton, ma
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
Red

Default

ok maybe its not an sti. but it is an 04 wrx thats an automatic. would it be hard to put the tranny from it in my 97 impreza L.
97 Pimpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #119
Kostamojen
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2272
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: haha XD
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru 599 :P
Galaxy Blue Sexy

Default

Just the tranny?
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:44 AM   #120
97 Pimpreza
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 123693
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: charlton, ma
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
Red

Default

yah. cuz the tranny i have now is about to die. tromping on the gas and going 110 in an automatic with 120,000 miles on it isnt to good on it. the rest of the drivetrain is fine. can i swap over just the tranny or do i have to swap over other stuff too?
97 Pimpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:55 AM   #121
atech_rallyrs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 116638
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
00 impreza naSTi
el typico silver

Default

Back on topic! I just did this swap yesterday. It took 4 hours of dismantling, and went back together with no problems. I do have slightly more gap than I wanted between the headlights and bumper, but otherwise completely perfect fit. This was done on a 97 OBS. Please note that the lightweight JDM beam is NOT SAFE in a collision. That thing is so flimsy and not-durable its scary. Also, the under-guards that protect the engine bay dont fit between the obs and the rs bumper; these had to be ziptied together to prevent them from bouncing around. Also, the lightweight beam lacks the extra holes for pushpins to keep the bottom from moving; you will have to bolt and ziptie it directly to the beam/frame wherever you can on the edges. I did find two spots directly under the bumperbeam that I could bind the bottom to. Also, the single biggest pain in my ass was putting on the foglamps. The foglamps alone took like an hour because of the very small area I had to work with getting the bolts in there to screw down to the plates. Well worth the 450$ we spent on the whole thing, the woman is super happy about her new rs-lookalike obs wagon. Next up! rhd conversion and engine drop!
atech_rallyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #122
bl_easy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 91407
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: the souf
Vehicle:
Ver. 2 WRX STi wagon
but it's a bucket

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atech_rallyrs View Post
Back on topic! I just did this swap yesterday. It took 4 hours of dismantling, and went back together with no problems. I do have slightly more gap than I wanted between the headlights and bumper, but otherwise completely perfect fit. This was done on a 97 OBS. Please note that the lightweight JDM beam is NOT SAFE in a collision. That thing is so flimsy and not-durable its scary. Also, the under-guards that protect the engine bay dont fit between the obs and the rs bumper; these had to be ziptied together to prevent them from bouncing around. Also, the lightweight beam lacks the extra holes for pushpins to keep the bottom from moving; you will have to bolt and ziptie it directly to the beam/frame wherever you can on the edges. I did find two spots directly under the bumperbeam that I could bind the bottom to. Also, the single biggest pain in my ass was putting on the foglamps. The foglamps alone took like an hour because of the very small area I had to work with getting the bolts in there to screw down to the plates. Well worth the 450$ we spent on the whole thing, the woman is super happy about her new rs-lookalike obs wagon. Next up! rhd conversion and engine drop!
All that and you found the foglamps tp be the difficult part?

I thought that was easy. Hardest part for me was getting the damn bumper off... those scrivets that hold the skin to the fender were not fun.

Why'd you go with the LW beam? I'd go junkyard hunting for a stock RS beam. The cash savings isn't worth the reduction in safety... I had a front end collision and am so glad I didn't get the LW beam.
bl_easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:56 AM   #123
Mechkiller31st
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 38474
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Beach Park IL, USA
Vehicle:
1998 Impreza Wagon L
Brilliant Red

Default

Im going to be doing this conversion in just a few weeks. but I need to buy the front bumper beam. I have a 1998 L and am going with the Version V frontend found on Get-Primitive.com I am wondering do I get the LW Front Bumper Beam for the 93-98 or the LW Front Bumper Beam 99-01? I know that my bumper beam that i have on is too big for the new front bumper. Can anyone quickly answer that for me.
Mechkiller31st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #124
Jaxx
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 177
Join Date: Aug 1999
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise,Idaho,USA
Vehicle:
The 93 Imp W/EJ20K
flat black

Default

it would be cheeper to buy the factory part they are only ~150 from your dealer and you don't have to pay shipping from oregon

option A get 99-01 beam its heavy
option B get the sawsall out and cut off ~half of you L bumper
option C (bad idea) get lightweight also form local dealer)

option b is my recomendation C provides no support at all
Jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:53 AM   #125
AaronB
Worst Mod Ever
Moderator
 
Member#: 369
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
12 Vagon

Default

Another vote for the factory bumper cover, as I can't imagine a fiberglass bumper cover being as durable as stock.
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F/S: S201 Black Hood Scoop and white Factory Hood Scoop for 93-01 Impreza GC8 (pic) JunGdb Exterior/Styling 3 01-24-2012 04:54 PM
Cusco Front Strut Brace for 93-01 Impreza GC8 xS2k Suspension/Brakes/Handling 5 10-30-2006 05:02 AM
FS: 93-01 Impreza JDM Sti Tail Lights bolohuu Private 'For Sale' Classifieds 4 07-01-2005 05:14 PM
gauging interest: JDM GC8 STI VERSION 6 GUAGE CLUSTER Rattles Private 'For Sale' Classifieds 2 07-31-2004 09:55 PM
GC8 STi version 6 seats for sale.... E46-Pyellow Private 'For Sale' Classifieds 0 09-27-2003 11:53 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.