After the long wait the Crucial Racing Systems uppipe is in stock!
It just became available today! This is the first time an uppipe like this has been offered!
Here is the press release on this amazing piece.
Replacing the stock uppipe on the n00b is beneficial in almost every respect. The stock uppipe incorporates a catalytic converter and EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) sensor, both of which restrict the performance of the engine by disrupting the smooth flow of gas into the turbocharger.
By removing the stock up-pipe, exhaust gas travels unrestricted into the turbocharger decreasing the spool-up time and lowering the boost threshold. This gives you more horsepower and torque throughout the RPM band. The only reason for having the EGT sensor in the uppipe is to protect the turbocharger in the event the catalyst material should fail due to high exhaust gas temperatures. Once the catalytic converter is gone, there is no need for an EGT sensor which could just as easily fail and damage the turbocharger by sending metal into the turbocharger. When removing the stock uppipe, the heat shields which help maintain exhaust gas temperature help keep the engine bay cool are lost, as well.
The Crucial Racing Systems uppipe solves these problems by eliminating the catalytic converter and EGT sensor. A six-step thermal coating is applied to the pipe, helping maintain the velocity of the exhaust gas because hot gas travels at a much higher velocity than cold gas, increasing the volumetric efficiency of the engine and causing the turbocharger to spool up at lower speeds. The result is a startling improvement in performance. The coating also serves to keep the Engine bay cooler prolonging engine life, and providing superior corrosion protection.
Our up-pipe is manufactured to the highest quality standards. The tubing is Mandrel bent 321 Stainless Steel, which keeps flow and velocity at the maximum. The tubing we use is the proper diameter for the up-pipe at 1.75”, which is the same diameter as the turbo. Having the up-pipe and turbo size matched ensures that turbulence is kept to a minimum, which helps with performance. The piping is TIG welded on the outside for rigidity and life. The flanges on the up-pipe are CNC Laser cut and machined ˝” thick Stainless Steel. Then they are threaded so the included studs can be easily fitted. The flanges are COMPLETLY flat, ensuring a proper seal to the gaskets (included with up-pipe.)
The Crucial Racing Systems up-pipe also comes with a LIFETIME WARRANTY.
2000°F+ Coating Process:
1. The up-pipe is heat treated to remove impurities from the welds.
2. The up-pipe is Glass Bead Blasted on the inside and outside. This seals the pores in the metal, and smoothes out irregularities in the metals’ surface.
3. The up-pipe is blasted with Virgin Aluminum Oxide on the inside and outside. This step etches the metal for proper adhesion and absorption of the coating.
4. The coating is applied to the inside and outside of the up-pipe.
5. The up-pipe is cured in an oven, which helps the coating stay adhered under demanding circumstances.
6. The up-pipe is polished. This not only helps the appearance, but also seals the pores in the coating.
We have them in stock. $249.99!!!