Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 12, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > General Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-10-2001, 08:02 PM   #1
impRSa01
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4411
Vehicle:
2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Black

Smile -Dyno Proven custom 2.5RS header-

Of my search for the best header possible, I knew that the borla is just a replica of the poor factory design, just in stainless instead. Ok, the primary pipes may be bigger, but the header is not worth the bang for the buck.

John from www.hytechexhaust.com has been making custom headers for 18 years now. He basically makes headers for any car, either he can custom make it with what he feels will give you the best hp or you tell him what you want. Currently, the fastest all-motor honda and the fastest turbo honda (Stephen Papadakis) run his header that he designs on the dyno. Yes, he is constantly at the dyno changing the collector sizing, tube sizes, and whatnot.

Here's the deal. First off, his headers usually run around $1000 for 304 stainless with seamless welds. I was planning on having him make me one for my 2001 2.5RS this summer. I mentioned the fact to him that there are other guys with 2.5RS's that want headers to maximize horsepower but dont think the borla is worth the money for the results.

He said that the more people that want to go in on this header the better deal we will get on the header. Again, he is going to actually build this header using an AWD dyno. He is going to be at this header for hours until he feels that there is no possible way he can extract any more torque and horsepower without sacrificing low end power. He is so confident in his work that has been winning races, that he will refund it with full money back. If I remember correct, he has not refunded anyone back in the 18 years in business.

I am not going to lie and say that this header is cheap. IT'S NOT! If you plan on going N/A, Turbo, or Supercharger, the power will never be seen without an equal length header with the perfect collector and overall design. You can't go wrong with a header that has been tested on a dyno over and over and over. It's made to get the horsepower you intended to get out of a header.

Either way, I am going to get this header this summer. I would like to hear from some of you if you want this killer setup. He said he will give me final prices for the headers after he sees how many want in on it. If none of you want to spend that much right away, I will be glad to post his dyno results on the message board this summer. Again, the headers will run around $1000 for just me to buy. If more want in on it, prices for one header could go down to $800 lets say. (don't quote me on it)

Here are a few shots of the quality work John does. Just look at the welds on the flange. Just doesn't get ANY better.

P.S - Hi Tech does not know how much horsepower and torque they will get, but it will be the most possible for an N/A setup. It will be designed to lose no low end but give you the gains where it should. It is pricey, but much less than the Syms headers. If you are even thinking of getting a Syms header, they are not tested on an AWD dyno. These headers are and if at least 10 people get in on them, I can guarantee they will run under $900 for just one header. Peace, Kevin
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 03-10-2001, 08:10 PM   #2
kaos200
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2692
Chapter/Region: SCIC
^%$@#!
I'd be very interested, but how long until the would be done?
Would they help a turbo more compared to a "turbo only" header?
if you're looking for #'s of those who will buy, add 1 to the list...
Old 03-10-2001, 08:15 PM   #3
JC
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 692
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2006 Pontiac GTO M6
Triumph Street Triple R

I'll buy it if I can get that much money. Which is about a 50/50 chance, depending on when they would be ready.
Old 03-10-2001, 08:35 PM   #4
impRSa01
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4411
Vehicle:
2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Black

Kaos,

This header is going to work for N/A and for supercharged and turbo cars. The dyno testing to make this header perfect is going to be based off of an N/A car, so you will get the most possible for STREET setup. Anyone that wants this for a better header than stock for a turbo of supercharger or just N/A, this is going to be the BEST of both worlds. The reason I say that you guys should buy it now is because then we can get the good group buy deal. If you wait until after I post the dyno results that JOHN will do on the AWD dyno, then you will have to pay the full $1000 per header. I know that you guys will love the results, so get it with this group buy and save at least a 100 bux. Maybe more depending on how many we get.

Right now, I have one guy that's for sure in on the group buy. 2 guys are possibly thinking about it. I plan on collecting money by late May for him to start testing and building our headers by early June. It should take him a few days or so to dyno test this header and develop the best header for our cars. ---I am only doing this group buy one, considering all I am in it for is to get myself this header. If you miss out, your fault--- If you dont have the money now and are convinced later that this is the header for your car, then feel free to give John a call. His phone # is on his site www.hytechexhaust.com.

Peace, Kevin
Old 03-10-2001, 09:56 PM   #5
AaronB
Worst Mod Ever

Member#: 369
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
12 Vagon

Those headers are almost like a work of art.

Very impressive.
Old 03-10-2001, 10:47 PM   #6
godzilla1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4169
Vehicle:
6 fo Impala
$$$ Platinum $$$

True, they do look perfect; however, $1,000.00 FOR A HEADER! Are you guys nuts, or just rich? You can get a turbo or supercharger setup for less than $3,000.00, I'm sorry, it may be the best header in the world, BUT, unless I get head from Cindy Crawford with it, I honestly don't see the sense...sorry
Old 03-10-2001, 10:53 PM   #7
SuBaRu-ImPrEzA_RS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2053
cindy crawford???
who's that?
shes hot...dont get me wrong...

but she is OLD news...

~~PeAcE~~ John
Old 03-10-2001, 10:59 PM   #8
Kcz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2038
Vehicle:
2000 RS-T
Silverthorn Metallic

The moderator's and Imprezident's are very against cross posting.