Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:35 AM   #1
Spheris
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 45392
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default Holy psychotic Easter Eggs Batman!

Hey, intrawerb gurus, tell me how this works:

Over on another Nasioc-size board I belong to, they (mods or the game creators) are somehow posting these little Easter Eggs that POP UP on users' personal screens. If one pops up on YOUR screen, you click it, and it takes you to a tally board. The tally board shows how many eggs each member has found. What's odd it that the tally board also displays who found an egg, when an egg has been created to be found, and who's seen a egg. Like, I got one, went to the tally board, and it showed my score of 1. To the left, within the huge list, it said EGG DISPLAYED FOR WRX (me) and it gave the time it was displayed. Then a few spaces up it said WRX FOUND AN EGG and gave the time I clicked on it. Whoever finds the most wins a prize. Ghey, but nutty. What sort of program are they using to play that sort of game within the message board?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Spheris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:39 AM   #2
Spheris
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 45392
Chapter/Region: Tri-State

Nevermind:

The contest will start on Monday April 5th at 8:00 PM and will end on Tuesday April 6th at 8:00 PM! The winner will receive a full year’s premium subscription!

Here’s how the contest works:

The egg engine loads eggs into the system and assigns each egg to a random user in the "Who's Online" list of users online. Once an egg is assigned, it will stay in the system until : 1) The user loads a page or 2) 20 minutes go by. If a user loads the page, the egg will appear somewhere on the page. It will only appear on the first page loaded, so if you miss it, too bad! Currently we have set the limit at 5 active eggs in the system at one time.

Do not keep reloading the page! You will have 20 minutes to find the egg once it is assigned to you. It will be more beneficial to slowly scan each page rather than quickly refreshing. Not loading an egg will not prevent other eggs from being assigned to you. It is even possible to have all eggs in the system assigned to a single user. The best way to increase your odds of winning is to stay on all day!

Remember, no posting of pictures of eggs on the site to fool other users---anyone who does so before the completion of the contest will be suspended!

Have fun!
Spheris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:46 AM   #3
Aaron'z 2.5RS
Scooby Guru

Member#: 1026
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
'00 RS/WRX Stg5
'98 RS Stock

What the hell are you talking about.... i dont wan no eggs
Aaron'z 2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote